by Julieanne Kost

Comments (8)

Created

September 15, 2011

When I create an episode of The Complete Picture for Adobe TV, I try to cram in as much information as I possibly can about a subject yet not run over the 10 minute limit (which I seem to do anyway – so I really owe a great deal to Kush, Karl and Erik for their never ending patience and extremely fast editing skills!).

But, I was trying to find a way to answer the questions/comments/requests that I receive – which I could cover in a less-than-one-minute video – yet would take a slow writer such as myself a millennium to put down on paper. So, last time I visited AdobeTV, we recorded some of these shorter “Quick Tips” tips that I could release in between the longer episodes of The Complete Picture.

Here is the first Quick Tip where I explain How to Draw a Circle Around an Object in Photoshop. Please let me know if you find it useful.

COMMENTS

• By John Paul Caponigro - 9:35 AM on September 15, 2011

Great format!
    Love the tip! I was missing the fill opacity slider. I’ll use this all the time!
    Thank you!

• By Steve Kalman - 11:23 AM on September 15, 2011

Thanks, and keep them coming.

I would have used the elliptical marquis tool, but then wouldn’t have had the vector to scale as cleanly.

• By suepuetz - 1:47 PM on September 15, 2011

Your posts/videos are always clear, to the point and understandable. Thanks for the tips.

• By William - 3:26 PM on September 15, 2011

Great tip! I’ve been trying to figure this out since version 2. Thanks much

• By Marisa - 10:15 PM on September 15, 2011

Super helpful! I love quick, helpful tips like these!!!

• By Beatrice - 2:43 PM on September 16, 2011

Such a simple idea yet brilliant!! Loved it. Quick, to the point, and very useful!!

• By John Scott - 8:16 PM on February 1, 2012

OK. now I can make a red circle (around nothing) on a “new” blank PS file.

But I still don’t know how to make a circle around an object in an existing image file, which is what I am search advice for.

• By Julieanne Kost - 8:32 PM on February 1, 2012

Hi John, open the image that you want to make the circle over and then follow the instructions in the tutorial. Doing so will give you a transparent circle that you can reposition and scale if desired.