by Julieanne Kost

Comments (8)

Created

January 26, 2012

In the External Editing Preferences, you can now choose to “Stack with Original”. Or not. : )

COMMENTS

• By John Buttel - 1:43 PM on March 21, 2012

If I click on “Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments” then Edit the pop up window says “This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version 7.0 for full compatibility. Please update the Camera Raw plu-in using the update tool available in the Photoshop help menu.” I can’t seem to find that anywhere. And CS5 will not let me make adjustments to the photo exported from Lightroom 4.

• By Julieanne Kost - 5:16 PM on March 21, 2012

If you are using the Edit in Command from LR4, choose the option to have LR render the photo so that LR 4 applies the changes you’ve made to the file. The pixel based file that LR creates can then be edited in PS. Does that answer your question?

• By Jackie Burhans - 2:59 PM on June 16, 2012

I got the same message and tried and tried to update CS5 to use Camera Raw 7. Eventually I figured out that CR7 is only available for CS6 so I upgrades to CS6 and all was right with the world.

If you can’t do that then as Julieanne says export it with LR4 changes to a format that CS5 understands and then edit it.

• By Jonn Allen - 3:11 AM on April 16, 2012

Dear sirs,
    I’m currently experiencing the same issue with LR4 , in the earlier LR3 dialogue box would appear asking if I would like to edit in cs4 with lightroom adjustments. this box does not appear. :-(

• By Julieanne Kost - 1:29 PM on April 16, 2012

If you go to the Lightroom General Preferences and choose to Reset all warnings, does it appear? If not, I would post the issue to either of these forums to see if other customers are experiencing the same problem and if so, if they have found a solution. I’m certain that they will answer before I have a chance to! Thanks!

• By guy cumbo - 1:35 PM on April 19, 2012

Hi Julieanne.
    when i transfer images from lightroom 4 the adjustments i made are not visible.
    I have ensured that when i edit in, i have ticked the box that allows the adjustments made in lightroom 4 to be attached.
    What is strange is when that image is attempted to be altered, in say shadows/highlights the settings that were made in lightroom are then visible, but not until then.
    They are not visible in camera raw, only when image is opened in cs5.
    I would like to see all my images in cs5 with the adjustments i made in lightroom 4 visible.
    Is this possible.

• By Michael Belovesick - 11:38 AM on May 28, 2012

If you do not see the changes you made in LR after transferring the image to PS it is because you do not have the current version of camera RAW. Simply download it from Adobe and all will be well.