Lightroom 4 Now Available

Adobe Lightroom ClassicVideo Tutorials

For all the latest news, and to watch a video by Tom Hogarty, Principal Product Manager for Lightroom, click here!

Check out my “What’s New in Lightroom 4” series to learn all about the new enhancements to Lightroom 4!

Click here to if you’re new to Lightroom and want an excellent overview with my “Getting Started in Lightroom 4” series.

Thanks for all of your support, and have fun with the new version!

Adobe Lightroom Classic, Video Tutorials

Posted on 03-05-2012

Comments

• By BERNIE CAMPOLI - 2:12 AM on March 6, 2012

Lightroom 3 was on my bucket list,whats LR4 doing for me?

• By Sven - 4:21 AM on March 6, 2012

Thanks for the new, Julieanne.
    Could you point me to a list of features that made it in the final version 4 but were not included in Lr 4 Beta? (as it was e.g. with lens correction in Lr 3)

• By RB - 5:31 AM on March 6, 2012

Hi, can you let us know best practice for upgrading catalogues from 3 to 4?

• By Tony Bennett - 6:40 AM on March 6, 2012

Same question as Sven. I saw LR4 at Imaging and it had a video tab alongside the Library/Develop, etc. What happened to the Video Tab?

• By Kim - 11:11 AM on March 6, 2012

Hi, could you let me know how to move a number of pages from one book to another? For example, I’ve created a book that has over 200 pages but would like to use 50 of those pages in another new book. How do I do this without having to recreate all of these pages?

Many thanks in advance!

• By JTW - 6:02 PM on March 11, 2012

Looks like a nice product but can you explain why Australians are charged over 60% more for the same download?

• By Ruth Lund - 7:15 AM on March 20, 2012

Watching Julianne Kost’s programs Photoshop and Lightroom the pictures suddenly went black. The sound is still on but no pictures.
      Please advise.

• By Julieanne Kost - 7:33 AM on March 20, 2012

PErhaps the suggestions here might work:

I’d try downloading the latest Flash player first…

• By Ruth Lund - 9:49 AM on March 20, 2012

Thank you for ansvering. My problem seem to be different than the message from the forum you sent. Your Tutorial sites from Adobe TV worked perfectly untill without warning the picture went black. Sound is still on.

• By Cemal Ekin - 7:12 PM on March 15, 2012

Two nits to pick with LR4, if I may:
    1. The clarity slider now makes substantial structural and tonal changes, especially visible on smooth surfaces like skin
    2. The print module still does not have a good way of placing text with precise control below the image on the template. I have a workaround, but it is, well, a workaround. The watermark feature has a great set of tools, why not enable them for the identity plate placement on the page? Even then, the watermark feature allows for placing the text outside the image with negative offsets but then it is not visible!

I would love to have multiple line text with a simple graphic line without doing all that in Photoshop and bringing it as a graphic identity plate.

• By Cemal Ekin - 10:55 AM on March 17, 2012

Shall do, thank you for your reply and suggestions.

• By Cemal Ekin - 6:59 PM on April 5, 2012

Sorry to bother you again, but upon your suggestion I posted two forum messages about Lightroom 4 printing and clarity adjustment. I am amazed that not a single response came from an Adobe staff. Do they read these threads?

I have written extensively on my site as well, documenting the problem behavior in the print and clarity suggestions:

• By Shaun Tripodi - 7:31 AM on April 11, 2012

I am trying to create a custom print template which also has an order form on the lower portion of the printed page. Is there any way to import an order form? Also is there a way for the filename to be printed along with the photo that is dropped in the template? Thanks

• By Julieanne Kost - 12:41 PM on April 11, 2012

I suppose you could add the order form using an Identity Plate or Watermark as a graphic. for more information on Using Watermarks in Lightroom click here, for Identity plates, click here.
      You add a filename automatically under each photo but only if you’re in the Single Image/Contact Sheet option in the Layout Style panel.

• By Bill McKnight - 7:06 AM on June 14, 2012

I currently have LR3 running with windows XP. I understand that LR4 requires windows 7. What is the best strategy- install windows 7 re-install LR3 then upgrade to LR4 or is there an easier way. I have looked around the web but cannot find any advice.

• By Julieanne Kost - 7:55 AM on June 15, 2012

Install Windows 7, then install LR4.1, enter your serial number and update your catalog.