by Julieanne Kost
• There is a new badge for shape layers in the Layers panel (Shape layers are no longer represented by a Fill layer with a vector mask).
• Although the Shape Layer icon (badge) has changed, you can still double-click the shape layer icon to change the color of the shape’s fill.
• Because shapes are often very small in relation to the entire image, the Layers panel displays the contents of shape layers as large as possible in the Layer thumbnail – ignoring the relationship of the shape to the entire document (as other layers appear by default).
• Selecting a Shape layer in the Layers panel automatically displays the path in the image area (making it easier to quickly edit the shape).
• Command + H (Mac) | Control + H (Win) hides the path.
• Clicking on a shape in the image area with the Path Selection tool will automatically select that layer in the Layers panel.
• If you delete all of the paths on a shape layer, the layer will automaticallly be deleted.