Update! Click here (Essential Tips for Cropping in Photoshop CC) to see essential tips related to cropping in Photoshop CC in a single post.
In case you didn’t have time to watch yesterday’s video, here is a list of shortcuts when using the Crop tool in Photoshop CS6:
• “C” selects the Crop tool.
• “O” cycles through the different View overlays .
• “R” displays the Crop Image Size & Resolution dialog. Note: you must make an adjustment to the Crop marquee before tapping the “R” key, otherwise tapping the “R’ key will select the Rotate View tool.
• “H” hides the image area that is beyond (outside of) the Crop marquee.
• “X” exchanges the Crop marquee from horizontal to vertical and vice versa.
• “P” enables “Classic Mode” where the Crop marquee behaves as in previous versions: you move the Crop marquee, not the image under the Crop marquee. Note: you must make an adjustment to the Crop marquee before tapping the “P” key, otherwise tapping the “P’ key will select the Pen tool.
• “Escape” cancels the crop (you are no longer in the modal crop session).