by Julieanne Kost
I’m hoping to clear up some confusion with regards to Retina display support in Photoshop CS6. In December, Adobe released Photoshop update version 13.0.3 (for Mac perpetual customers) and version 13.1.1 (for Creative Cloud members, Mac and Windows). So, if you have PSCS6 – through either the perpetual (“box copy”) or Adobe Creative Cloud membership (“subscription”), and you run the updater, you will have Retina support. Here’s how to get the update:
1. In Photoshop, choose Help > Updates.
2. The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CS6 and choose Update.
How to confirm that the Update worked
1. In Photoshop, choose Help > About Photoshop (Win), or Photoshop > About Photoshop (Mac)
2. For Mac perpetual customers, the version at the top should be Version: 13.0.3
3. For Win/Mac Creative Cloud members, the version at the top should be Version: 13.1.1
If you have a Creative Cloud membership (subscription), there are additional features in Photoshop version 13.03. Play the video below to watch my Top 5 Features for Photographers in Photoshop 13.1 (Exclusively for Creative Cloud).