by Julieanne Kost

Comments (15)

Created

April 26, 2013

Tapping the “F” key in Lightroom 5  will go to a “true” full screen mode where the image is displayed full screen and the panels, filmstrip, modular picker and tool bar are all hidden – all with one keystroke.

Note: if you prefer the legacy behavior, use Shift + F.

COMMENTS

• By Daniel thomassin - 1:19 PM on April 26, 2013

Merci pour l’astuce ! Bonne journée à vous et vos collaborateurs d’Adobe .

Dan

• By Manfred Kollegger - 12:28 PM on April 27, 2013

This is really a small but great feature, which I was missing in all previuos versions.
    Now it is also possible to present pictures directly in lightroom.
    Thanks to the lightroom team!

• By Jim Powers - 8:30 AM on May 1, 2013

I think this is a good feature. However, I frequently use the legacy behavior (now Shift + F). My favorite view is full screen with filmstrip, panels, and tool bar. In LR5, F now gives a full screen view which is good. But now, a second F doesn’t take me back to the previous view. It gives me a view which includes the mac dock and the mac menu bar. I then have to press shift F twice to get back to my previous view. I just discovered that a shift F from the full screen view takes me back to the previous view. However, I think that when going in and out of full screen view, the F key should take you back to the previous view.

• By Andrew @ Lightroom Love - 9:24 AM on May 19, 2013

Full screen mode makes things a lot more accessible when working on smaller monitors – with smart previews, my MacBook Air is now probably a capable editing mode. Smart previews combined with full screen is going to change the way I edit. Thanks Julieanne & the Adobe team.

• By Lyn Rees - 3:07 PM on June 5, 2013

New full screen option is fine, but should be assigned a new key combo. I use full screen (as is) all the time, this new one I can’t see me using often at all.

• By Doris Thomas - 6:12 AM on June 18, 2013

Hi I cant seem to make my Lightroom screen smaller, I ttakes up the whole page on my Mac.
    Sometimes I like my screen to be made smaller for the background things I want.

• By Julieanne Kost - 1:24 PM on June 19, 2013

Window . Screen Mode > Normal

• By Gareth Underhill - 5:33 AM on July 24, 2013

Hi,

I’m fairly new to Lightroom, but I like it alot. I use the full screen mode, but was wondering if there’s a way to make it sit in it’s own space on my mac? Other apps that go into full screen mode create a separate workspace leaving the desktop free to use finder and other things. Am I missing something/is there a way to achieve this? If not, can it be implemented across all the CC apps?

• By Vivek Dlima - 11:31 PM on September 2, 2013

+1 for this feature request!

• By JohnD - 2:47 AM on August 7, 2013

When switching in and out of full screen view and maybe changing to 1:1 and back I find the screen often falls to render a sharp picture. It can appear sharp on the first instance and then go off focus.

• By Julieanne Kost - 9:47 AM on August 8, 2013

Sorry, but I have not heard of this issue. I would post the issue to either of these forums to see if other customers are experiencing the same problem and if so, if they have found a solution.
      -j

• By Terry - 3:30 PM on August 29, 2013

I have the same issue/question as JohnD re: quality if full screen view. Have not been able to find any assistance so far.

• By Tomasz Wolniewicz - 10:02 AM on September 4, 2013

I am experiencing the same behaviour as described here:

It is VERY annoying. When I use arrow keys to move forward and back, often the new image is not sharp (and stays so) but when I go back and then forward again if becomes sharp.
        I am using 64bit Mac version.

• By Julieanne Kost - 6:31 PM on September 5, 2013

Thomas, the engineering team is looking into this. I would recommend that you add your comments to the forum so that the product team can see it as well. -j