by Julieanne Kost

Comments (9)

Created

May 29, 2013

After modifying a page template (for example, by changing the cell padding), Control -click (Mac) | Right Mouse -click (Win)  in the page to and choose Save as Custom Page.

27savecustompage

These custom page layouts become available under the “Custom Page” category in the Page Picker (in the Page panel).

27custompages

Note: Custom pages are specific to Book settings (size, dimensions) and file format (Blurb book, JPEG, PDF).

COMMENTS

• By Greg Williams - 5:51 AM on June 12, 2013

My customer wants a 10×10 Wedding Album and the photo lab I use prints them in 10×10 format. How can I use LR4 or LR5 to make my Book in a 10×10 (24 page) format. The photo lab has software ($149) but not as nice as LR and I do not want to have to purchase or learn new software.

• By Julieanne Kost - 7:07 AM on June 12, 2013

Under book settings choose JPEG. For Size choose Large Square (12×12). Set the JPEG quality at it’s highest. When you are finished laying out the book, you can then open the files in PS and resize (by resampling) them to the correct size. Or if you don’t want PS to resample the images when resizing, you could change the resolution in Lightroom to 250 and then when you resize them in PS just change the resolution to 300 (without resampling) which will take the image dimensions from 12 to 10 inches.

• By Sune - 2:06 PM on August 3, 2013

My book printer does not support the (non European) standard sizes of the book module – here we are talking aspect ratio and not multiples. I need 22×29.

How would I go about creating a book I can actually get made?

Thanks

• By Sune - 2:10 PM on August 3, 2013

Doh – I’m on 4 still. However, is this possible in 4 or 5?

• By Julieanne Kost - 3:56 AM on August 5, 2013

It’s a new feature to Lightroom 5.

• By Jim Yount - 9:37 AM on August 9, 2013

Sune:
    Did you get an answer to your question? I’m interested in printing large (20 x 30), with substantial text and the book module seems to have all the features I need, but I’m unable to find large custom pages in LR 5. Has anyone released a plugin or hack that addresses custom page sizes in the book module?

• By Daya - 6:07 AM on September 4, 2013

Hi Julieanne,
    Im sure you have been bombarded with this question but im gonna ask anyways. Is it possible to create custom page sizes for the Book Module. My Printer here in india doesn’t support the sizes that Blurb Offers. and It is gonna cost me a Bomb to get it shipped here. So please Please Please do something about this. we are spending our hard earned money on this software, and the custom page sizes for the book module have been long awaited since LR 4. So please do something about this, because it is really screwing around with my work flow, i don’t want to have to keep shifting thru softwares to get the job done.

• By Julieanne Kost - 9:34 AM on September 5, 2013

Daya, you can not change the aspect ratios of the book, but you can export your book pages as JPEG (or PDF) and then change resolution of the files and/or crop. I realize that these are workarounds, but you can always post your request to either of these forums so that the product management team can see it as well.
      -j