by Julieanne Kost

Comments (11)

Created

October 31, 2013

I thought it might be time to share a few more photographs from my personal project – “Passenger Seat”. Because I talk so much about Photoshop and photo manipulation, I thought I would point out that the motion blur in these images was captured in camera.

JKost_PS_2013_02

Happy Halloween!

COMMENTS

• By Gabi - 7:20 AM on October 31, 2013

Julianne!

Fantastic set! Love the swirling motion in it! And now of course the obvious “How did you do this” (hope I’m not ruining everything but being a photoshoper I just cannot help it).
    or was it lensbaby??

thank you!

• By Julieanne Kost - 12:53 AM on November 1, 2013

The blur effect is all captured in camera – slow shutter, from the passenger side of a car!

• By Gabi - 8:11 AM on November 5, 2013

Fabulous! Thanks Julieanne!

• By Salvatore Di Matteo - 7:22 AM on October 31, 2013

While certainly with Photoshop you can give vent to your creativity beyond the limits imposed by the technical means, the beauty to make a nice picture using the most out of your camera is (for a photographer) priceless :)

• By Dan - 7:32 AM on October 31, 2013

Interesting work, fun to produce, no doubt. Very Original too.
    Happy Halloween!

• By David - 7:35 AM on October 31, 2013

Could you explain how you did these photos? what steps you did? original and end product please I know it is a lot of work but would be very interested in how you did it thanks :-)

• By Ricardo - 9:37 AM on October 31, 2013

Amazing…

• By Laurie MacBride - 9:42 AM on October 31, 2013

These are lovely! I like the combination of movement and monochromatic tones – they work very well together. I enjoy passenger seat photography as well. I’m curious, what sort of shutter speed did you use for these?

Also – kudos on the portfolios on your website, they’re excellent. I especially love the “Window Seat” collection – they’re stunning.

• By Julieanne Kost - 12:52 AM on November 1, 2013

Thank you Laurie! The shutter speed depends on how fast the car is going and how close to the side of the road the subject is. But with that in mind, I typically find that on the backroads, I use a shutter speed of about 1/30th of a second and have to go to 1/15 if we’re traveling faster on main roads… Not sure that’s going to help too much, but honestly, the photos are a “gift”. Which is really another way of saying that when they turn out, I consider myself lucky! : )

• By Cathy - 3:54 AM on November 2, 2013

Julieanne these are really good and a super idea with such beautiful colours that work together so well.

Funny thought I had on the top left image. It made me want to add a little boat to sail through leave river. The kind of thing you would see in a child’s book :)

Thank you for all your wonderful work and sharing your tutorials with new people like me it really helps and makes you want to learn more.

Cathy

• By Ted Simonett - 4:58 PM on November 9, 2013

I’ve been enjoying (and learning) so much from your tutorials, only today did I discover your creative side. And spirit. I’ve had a wonderful time browsing through your portfolio(s). Not just satisfying, but inspiring as well. Lovely work Julieanne, and knowing now that your motion work is done from the passenger seat of a car, I’m going to have to teach my dog how to drive…..