by Julieanne Kost

Comments (12)

Created

October 18, 2013

I thought I would share a few more photographs from my personal project – “Passenger Seat”.

JKost_PS_2013_02

And I thought this quote was fitting since I like to study what can’t normally be seen. “We do not see the world as it is. We see the world as we are.”

COMMENTS

• By Dan - 5:45 AM on October 18, 2013

Well Said!
    Seeing differently, being different, makes sure that your pictures are unique. They won’t be one of millions all similar.

and they bring hours of fun to produce.

• By Henrik - 6:45 AM on October 18, 2013

Cool. I really like the absence of colors. Some of my similar shots from some years ago: http://foto.no/cgi-bin/bilder/vis_oversikt.cgi?brukerid=14744&serieid=14011 :-)

• By Donna Boucher - 7:28 AM on October 18, 2013

I love your personal project! Beautiful and interesting. I do not think in ‘projects’. You have inspired me to start thinking that way.

Thank you.
    XO
    Donna

• By Elaine Argaet - 7:39 AM on October 18, 2013

I like the gentle tonality and the expression of movement.

• By Mark Adams - 8:27 AM on October 18, 2013

We don’t see things as they are. We see things as we are – Anais Nin

• By Julieanne Kost - 4:51 PM on October 18, 2013

Thank you for the attribution!

• By Steve - 8:48 AM on October 18, 2013

Ya know, a faster shutter speed would get rid of that blur j/k. I love the energy of the movement and it gives the images an almost oil-painting type feel to them.

• By Kenny Wright - 6:42 PM on October 18, 2013

Julieanne, you have some beautiful work, and great talent.

• By Vlad - 4:40 AM on October 19, 2013

Great work Julieanne! Thank you for sharing
    I love the first image the most – energy, mood, feeling – it’s like you and your small world in the center and the chaotic nature of life of so many other worlds that surround you
    Just Great

• By Kathy Eyster - 8:46 AM on October 19, 2013

The first image with the curved blur is intriguing! I keep trying to figure out how the car moved so you could get that effect! I also like the muted color palette and the white backgrounds. Who says white skies are bad??! :-)

• By Nina - 1:02 PM on October 21, 2013

Such a unique perspective and interesting project. May I ask what camera you use? Whatever it is, you use it well. I’m always intrigued at what can be done with some forethought and imagination regardless of the gear.

• By Daniel Malowany - 9:01 PM on October 27, 2013

Love your work and your tutorials. Thanks for sharing this very intriguing project. Love the movement effect you’ve created here, which i assume is with a slowish shutter speed and not post processing. Nice work.