by Julieanne Kost

Comments (8)

Created

November 1, 2013

I ran across this plug in (Duplicate Finder) and although I have not used it myself, I thought I would post the link because so many people ask me how to remove duplicate files from Lightroom. Please let me know what you think of the plug-in if you use it.

COMMENTS

• By Tommy Rodgers - 6:09 AM on November 1, 2013

It works, sort of. I just update to version 2 for about $7. The plugin finds the duplicates, but Lightroom often crashes soon after the plugin starts. I am on a Mac with Maverick and LR 5.2. I have a support request pending with the developer.

• By Bill Wilder - 10:38 AM on November 1, 2013

It appears it considers photos duplicates if shot within the same second. This likely limits the usefulness for burst mode shooters.

• By Mac MacKay - 7:07 AM on November 2, 2013

I found it very useful in locating the dups, placing them, in collections and allowing me to delete the ones I did not want. Saved me the trouble and time trying to find them myself. He also has another plug-in that reduces the number of saved backups.

• By Jack - 5:25 AM on November 3, 2013

Not good at all. I’ve tried it for years.

• By Dennis Mosesman - 6:28 AM on November 4, 2013

It sort of works. It caused Lightroom to act funny and it crashed several times. What a great, necessary type program. Too bad that for me this is not it.

• By Jack - 8:39 AM on November 4, 2013

Just downloaded the newest version and it’s great. I take back my previous remarks.

• By Peg - 10:44 AM on November 7, 2013

Sorry if I’m not responding in the right spot, but I can’t find any information on the following problem and duplicate files seems close… I am running LR 4 on a Mac and have a problem with the duplication of a folder I created earlier this year called: 2013-0129 Cuba. It seems every time I create a new folder and download the new set of images the Cuba folder name reappears as a sub-folder – creating duplicate files of the new images. If I delete the Cuba sub-folder, the images are also deleted from the new folder.