by Julieanne Kost

Comments (9)

Created

December 2, 2013

Command + Shift + M (Mac) | Control  + Shift + M displays the options to Email Photos in Lightroom.

If you are using an email program (such as Outlook), you can simply choose it using the “From” list. If however, you are using a web based email, use the “From” option to choose “Go To Email Account Manager”. Click the Add (+) icon in the lower left and, if you’re using one of the 4 programs listed (AOL mail, gmail, Windows Live Hotmail or Yahoo! mail), select them from the list. If you’re using another program, then you will need to get the necessary information from your email provider. Note the default email preset (for size and quality) also include copyright and contact information, but you can create your own preset by selecting Create New Preset from the Preset list in the lower left.

COMMENTS

• By Don - 6:31 AM on December 2, 2013

As a new Lightroom user, i appreciate this tip, and i like that Lightroom gives the option to specify a web base mail provider, instead of forcing me to Outlook.

Thanks

• By Yves/CH - 9:04 AM on December 2, 2013

Sur MAC, si les destinataires sont laissés vides, le message s’ouvre directement dans le Mail comme un nouveau message avec l’image choisie, il suffit de compléter les destinataires dans ce message !

On MAC, if recipients are left empty, the message opens directly in the Mail as a new message with the image selected, simply complete the recipients in this post!

Yves/CH

• By AlchemySyd - 12:56 PM on December 2, 2013

Thanks for the tip. I would like to email the file name with the image. I am using Mac mail and can see that there is a tick box for the option ‘include caption metadata as a label’ however the tick box is grey. Is there another option to add a file name?

• By Phil Burt - 2:54 PM on December 2, 2013

I have tried this several times and it seems to take a long time for this. To me easier to export and then email myself. Am I maybe doing something wrong?
    phil b

• By Jack - 6:24 AM on December 3, 2013

Unfortunately when you use the email manager, the stored addresses in yahoo do not come up. I have to enter the address.
    why can’t the manager use the addresses already stored.
    Jack

• By Barb Blanchfield - 6:35 PM on December 6, 2013

I tried to email pictures, but the message “failed to send email” comes up. I can’t find a way to get back into the email account manager to see what may be wrong. I originally selected Gmail from the list. How can I fix my problem?
    Barb

• By Brian Cao - 4:33 PM on December 13, 2013

I have no problems to email photos direct from LR. However I don’t know how to put text under each photo. Is it possible to do so when email a series of picture and insert text, notation, caption between?
    Regards
    Your fan

• By Julieanne Kost - 10:22 AM on December 16, 2013

You could run them through the print module and add some text there (and export as JPEG files), but there isn’t any feature to add text under each photo in Lightroom’s File > Email Photo.