by Julieanne Kost

Comments (11)

Created

January 15, 2014

Adobe Photoshop CC 14.2 is now available! If you don’t see an update available for Photoshop in the Creative Cloud desktop application, it might be because of your time zone – the Creative Cloud desktop application only checks once a day. To force the CC desktop application to check for updates, quit the CC desktop app (click on the gear icon in the upper right and choose Quit). Then, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application again – it will check for updates upon launch.

2014_01_15_CC1

These three videos will take you through my favorite new features:

Perspective Warp in Photoshop CC

Julieanne Kost, Adobe Principal Evangelist Photoshop and Lightroom, walks through the new Perspective Warp feature in Photoshop CC. Learn how to create quads, adjust the layout, and distort the perspective of an image.

Linked Smart Objects in Photoshop CC

Julieanne Kost, Adobe Principal Evangelist Photoshop and Lightroom, demonstrates Linked Smart Objects in Photoshop CC. Discover when to embed and when to link Smart Objects as well as learn how to update modified content, resolve missing files and filter based on Smart Object attributes.

Hidden Gems in Photoshop CC

Julieanne Kost, Adobe Principal Evangelist Photoshop and Lightroom, takes a close look at several feature enhancements and refinements made to scripted patterns including placing patterns along a path, rendering unique trees for concept, architectural and fine art images and scripted border designs. Learn how to unlock the background into a layer with a single click, choose recent colors from the swatches panel and add and change color readouts for multiple color samplers at once.

COMMENTS

• By Yves/CH - 1:38 AM on January 18, 2014

Bonjour,
    Placing patterns along a path does not work, error in symmetry initialization script line 43 : Nom de variabl attendu. PS CC 14.2 French version OSX 10.9.1 French, PS CC, Bridge CC, Extention Manager are cleanup and reinstalled, Adobe cleanup executed, 3 times…. first error box, second PS crash !

Sorry for my english…

Best regard

Yves

• By Yves Crausaz - 5:43 AM on January 18, 2014

Big problem with Parameter synchronizing…. After sync, placing pattern on o patch by script et other scripts are out of order, error : Error in Symmetry initialization script line 43 : Nom de variable attendu.

OSX 10.9.1, PS CC 14.2 I ave purged et reinstalled CC to resolve the problem… and I disabled synchronizing

Yves

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 9:20 AM on January 20, 2014

Hi Yves,

Are these custom scripts you’re syncing?

• By Dominic - 4:49 AM on January 20, 2014

I’ve having – and have always had – lots of issues with Creative Cloud. Updates just don’t appear without lots of messing and plenty of randomness. I’ve done all the usual stuff: quit CC, log out and back in again, restart machine, etc… Today I had a new one: I quit CC, to see if it would see the Photoshop update. It didn’t, so I uninstalled Photoshop, then reinstalled using CC as normal. It installed 14.0.0 – why is that even available for download from anywhere? This is on my MacBook; on my iMac, the only way to get any install to work at all is to log in as root, but that’s not guaranteed by any means.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 9:22 AM on January 20, 2014

It sounds like something is modifying or deleting required files used by the applications.

Sometimes it’s customers deleting files manually, sometimes it’s using system cleaners like MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, etc.

I’ll have someone one contact you to get logs to see if we can figure out which files are being modified and why.

• By Dominic - 12:42 PM on January 20, 2014

Thanks, got the email. I don’t have any “cleaner” apps running.

In any case, I have managed to get everything up to date, using the log-in-as-root approach, which means I won’t see updates in CC logged in as myself but can at least actively install them when I choose to.

• By Michel - 10:25 PM on January 22, 2014

I did download the Photoshop 14.2 version but its only in english. Is it possible to get the french module to incluse it in this version ? Only the module ?

• By Domenico - 12:01 AM on January 26, 2014

Hi,
    When I try to use fill>pattern>trees (for example) as Yves previous my Photoshop CC updated (and OSX) give me a Symmetry Error and if I attend at same function it crash. Unfortunately I don’t understand as the problems as been solved because I tried to reinstall Photoshop and also to delete preferences with CMD+Option+Shift but it didn’t work. Could some one help me? Thanks

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 11:01 AM on January 29, 2014

Sounds like we have a fix for this that will go out as an update in the near future.

• By Radomir Mech - 11:13 AM on January 29, 2014

Hi Domenico,

If you contact me at rmech at adobe dot com, we can try a workaround if you would like to use the scripted patterns now.

Radomir