by Julieanne Kost

Comments (12)

Created

January 7, 2014

If you repeatedly want to apply specific setting(s) to images in Lightroom’s Develop module, apply the setting(s) to a single image and then use the shortcut Command + C (Mac) | Control + Shift + C (Win) to copy the setting(s) using the Copy Settings dialog. Now, as you move through your images, you can quickly paste the setting(s) using Command + V (Mac) | Control + Shift + V (Win).

This can help your productivity if, for example, you copied settings for the Post Crop Vignette. As you move through your images (making different adjustments and/or applying different presets that change color,  tone etc.), you can  easily paste the Post Crop Vignette settings  to the images that need it using Command + V (Mac) | Control + Shift + V (Win).

COMMENTS

• By Nathan Chilton - 8:34 AM on January 7, 2014

The ability to thus copy and paste Develop settings is among the greatest strengths of an application like Lightroom. I use the copy/paste and sync features of Lightroom constantly.

• By Peter - 10:04 AM on January 7, 2014

I always use Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + C and Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + V. Or do you mean something else with Ctrl/Cmd + C and Ctrl/Cmd + V?

• By Julieanne Kost - 7:40 PM on January 7, 2014

It seems to be working for me (on the Mac), are you on Mac or Windows? My apologies if windows is a different shortcut!

• By Peter - 2:19 AM on January 8, 2014

I just tried it on my MacBook and indeed it’s Cmd+C en Cmd+V.

• By Peter - 2:28 AM on January 8, 2014

And on Mac also Cmd+Shift+C and Cmd+Shift+V works!! I come from Windows and that’s why I never tried Cmd+C and Cmd+V on my MacBook! Thank you, Julieanne.

• By Larry Leuallen - 4:36 PM on January 7, 2014

Ctrl-c and Ctrl-v (win) don’t work for me. I must use ctrl-shift-c and ctrl-shift-v. It is in the menu that way. Windows 7 and LR 5.3. It has always been thus for me. I would like it if it worked for me as you have said. Maybe a Mac/Win thing?

Lary

• By Julieanne Kost - 7:41 PM on January 7, 2014

I think you’re correct Larry, it must be Control + Shift + V on Windows. Thank you!

• By Don - 7:22 PM on January 7, 2014

I believe that it should be Control+Shift+C to copy and Control+Shift+V to paste

• By David - 10:23 AM on January 9, 2014

This is a great feature that makes editing more easily and efficiently.

• By guido.coza - 1:32 PM on January 11, 2014

Why not just use the sync button. even quicker!
    Select pictures in film strip edit one and press sync. A dialog box with what should be synced appears, choose, sync….. done

• By Julieanne Kost - 1:22 PM on January 12, 2014

Guido, if you copy some settings to the “clipboard”, then you can sync the other images that you want with other settings and, at the same time, you have another bunch of settings (the ones that you copied) available to apply with a single keystroke!

• By Pakar SEO - 6:20 AM on January 16, 2014

This is a great feature that makes editing more easily and efficiently.