by Julieanne Kost

Comments (17)

Created

February 3, 2014

Back by popular demand, anyone can now take advantage of the Photoshop Photography Program (meaning that you don’t have to have a previous version of Adobe software to take advantage of it).

This offer includes access to Photoshop CC and Lightroom 5, plus feature updates and upgrades as they are available; 20GB of cloud storage for file sharing and collaboration; and Behance ProSite for your own fully customizable professional portfolio. Basically, you get all the benefits of a Creative Cloud single-app membership for Photoshop CC, but with Lightroom 5 included as well, for a terrific monthly price.

COMMENTS

• By Barrie Dyer - 11:25 AM on February 3, 2014

Just wondering Julie, can I still get this offer with my current CC subscription?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 10:41 AM on February 5, 2014

Hi Barrie, sure. I’ll have an agent contact you to help with your options.

• By Frank Jytte Justesen - 12:10 PM on February 7, 2014

Hope I am at the right place.
        Since October 2013 I have an annual single subscription of Photoshop CC for which I pay 30$ each month . I have a full payd version of Lightroom 5.
        Am I qualified to take this offer too – and if it is possible – where do I ask for the offer?
        Sorry – English is not my mother tongue
        Best regards from Copenhagen – Frank

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 2:20 PM on February 9, 2014

Hi Frank,

I’ve asked someone to contact you to help with your membership options.

• By Mike Nelson Pedde - 11:46 AM on February 3, 2014

“In a rare display of honesty today, #Adobe announced that since they have committed themselves to the Creative Cloud subscription system for #Photoshop and #Lightroom on a corporate level, they will keep extending their ‘limited-time’ offers until they finally reach the numbers they were hoping to achieve in the first place. They also admitted that they had Greatly underestimated the backlash against their decision to take this route and that all of their attempts to tempt people to subscribe through such offers has simply been marketing hype.”

There. Now wouldn’t that be refreshing to read? :-)

(removing tongue from cheek now)

• By Mike Armstrong - 12:16 PM on February 3, 2014

Without resorting to bad language and other expressions of anger let me say that this Creative Cloud is the single worse decision ever made by Adobe next to the ridiculous price for most of their programs.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 10:47 AM on February 5, 2014

Hi Mike,

Does the combination of Photoshop Elements and Lightroom work for you? If you don’t need Photoshop, Elements and Lightroom remain as perpetual license products.

• By Ulysse H. - 6:48 AM on February 4, 2014

Hello, Julianne
    I’m reaching out to you for help and advice. I am using Lightroom 4.4 version and it has been quite a user friendly together with my old Nikon D90, tethering is not an issue. I recently purchased a Nikon D610 and I am unable to tether with it in LR4 also when I import photos from the card reader I cannot see them. All that I am able to view is ” preview unavailable for this file” instead of the actual images in the grid spot. I need your help.
    Kindly, Ulysse H.

• By Bill Fuller - 8:17 AM on February 5, 2014

Except, the upgrades don’t apply to me. When I first signed up for this horrible CC thing back in June I had a minor problem. Unfortunately the India based tech support people managed to delete necessary files and crash my computer and make a huge mess of things. After 7 months and much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I am finally connected to someone who knows something. He replaced the missing files which did not replace themselves as original tech support said they would, and everything should be working. But, of course, it’s not. Apparently it has now been turned over to the development team to figure out how the India based tech support people screwed up my machine. No ETA on a fix. Am hoping for a fix before I recover from the recent eye surgeries and can get back to work. That will be in a little over 2 weeks I am told. I am not optimistic, and I turly believe Adobe owes me a fix since it has now been established beyond any doubt that Adobe Support is the root cause of the problem. Am very happy so far with the guy I am now working with, but he doesn’t have the answers either. Trying to figure out how to fix the damage done by the people who took control of my machine when you don’t know what they did is a real challenge. But, I still have to pay the bill and not get the updates. Since the issue is not widespread, I really don’t expect the development team to put a lot of effort into finding a solution.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 11:33 AM on February 5, 2014

Hi Bill,

Sorry you had trouble. Are you still working with David Johnson?

I don’t have complete case notes, but I seem to remember you using a system cleaner like CleanMyMac which can mess with required files.

In any case, I followed up with David Johnson and he’ll make sure you get fixed up permanently.

• By Bas Meelker - 7:19 AM on February 7, 2014

Hello Julieanna, thanks for all the useful info. I have a bit of an off-topic question but I hope you can help me. Is there a way in Lightroom to batch rename the copy name of virtual copies? I’m using virtual copies a lot in order to make selections for different clients. I can batch rename the virtual copy filename: client name-1, client name-2. But by doing so I also change the original file name. I can change the copy name, but only on an individual basis, one image at a time. Is there a way to select multiple virtual copies and only batch rename the copy names? I hope you can help me.

Best regards from the Netherlands,
    Bas Meelker

• By Julieanne Kost - 10:29 AM on February 10, 2014

Sorry, I do not know a way to batch rename the copy name of Virtual Copies.

• By D Rodgers - 11:46 AM on February 7, 2014

Not at all interested.

I am through with Adobe until they stop forcing us to rent from the cloud instead of buying our software outright. As consumers we CAN influence Adobe by not buying not patronizing Adobe until they end this gouging. Let’s vote with our wallets!!

Greedy, greedy Adobe.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 2:22 PM on February 9, 2014

Hi D, Does Photoshop Elements work for you? If you don’t need Photoshop, Elements remain as perpetual license products.

• By David - 9:50 AM on February 17, 2014

Hi Julieanne
    I have used PS since it began, in the early 90′s. I have always purchased the upgrades. Now I would like to join PS CC, but it seems Adobe is not keen to take my money! I have tried email, customer support, blogs, phone calls, all to no avail. My crime: I live in South Africa. It seems the only Adobe plan on offer here is the $ 50 full suite. As a photographer, I only use PS and LR. Can you assist me with a contact at Adobe to see if it will be possible? Cheers David

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 11:40 AM on February 18, 2014

Hi David,

The Photoshop Photoshop Program should be available S. Africa. One thought is your Adobe ID is associated with another country. If you create a new Adobe ID associated with S. Africa it should work. I will have an agent contact you to help you investigate further and get you set up.