by Julieanne Kost

 Comments (4)


March 5, 2014

When retouching images (especially when checking for sensor dust or imperfections), I like to systematically move through the document starting at the upper right and then moving down screen by screen. When I reach the bottom of the column, I move over one screen and start moving up again. In order to do this, the following shortcuts can be truly lifesavers.

• The Home key moves to upper left corner, the End key moves to lower right.

• The Page Up and Page Down keys move you one full screen up or down one full  screen.

• Command + Page Up and Page Down  (Mac) | Control + Page Up and Page Down (Win) moves left or right one full screen.


  • By Martin Cregg - 5:25 AM on March 5, 2014  

    I didn’t know about the ctrl-pgup/pgdn. This will be really useful for skies where much of the sensor dust is more noticeable.

  • By Matt - 9:15 PM on March 5, 2014  

    I’m constantly mocked by my MBPro keyboard. It does not have Home nor End key, nor Page Up nor Page Down. Any idea what the shortcuts would be in that case? I’ve Googled, but there are several different options for those keys, largely dependent on the application. 🙁

  • By wadya kapor - 11:44 AM on March 7, 2014  

    i really like your work on adobe photoshop.
    its great ,i m also atched with art, i love to make handicraft.
    have a nice day.
    wadya kapor

  • By Drew - 3:12 PM on March 11, 2014  

    Ctrl+Page Up/Down does not work in ACR (and there is no equivalent shortcut that I can discover).

    Why on earth does ACR not have the same navigation shortcuts as the Photoshop main program? This has been a frustration for many years.

    This should be a “just do it” fix for Photoshop CC!