by Julieanne Kost

Comments (6)

Created

April 24, 2014

The Lightroom mobile team has changed the default cellular network behavior to dramatically improve the product experience. Instead of the preference being turned OFF by default (like I state in my video tutorials), it is ON by default. This enables Lightroom to automatically Sync using Cellular data if WiFi is not available.

2014_04_21_LRSync01Note: if you have aWiFi only iPad, then this doesn’t apply to  you. If you do have a cellular plan, don’t forget to monitor your data usage!

COMMENTS

• By Peter - 5:48 AM on April 24, 2014

Does Lightroom Mobile perform any synchronization in the background? Because that would mean we would have to be very careful when connecting to a WiFi hotspot set up by sharing the cellular data connection from a phone (like the iPhone’s “Personal Hotspot” feature), regardless of the what the “Sync Only Ove WiFi” setting in Lightroom Mobile is set to.

• By Julieanne Kost - 10:00 AM on April 29, 2014

Peter, If you switch to another task, like checking email or Facebook.Lightroom mobile will continue to sync in the background for up to 10 minutes. Since the connection looks like wifi to the iPad (the iPad is in fact connected to a wifi hotspot), Lightroom mobile will sync over wifi. The only way to ensure that Lightroom mobile stops syncing is to exit Lightroom mobile, and close the app. You can do this by double tapping on the home screen button to bring up multi-tasking mode (in iOS) and then swiping up to exit out of Lightroom mobile.

• By Peter - 5:37 AM on May 6, 2014

Perfect, this is incredibly useful to know. Thank you very much!!!

• By David - 10:01 AM on April 24, 2014

I got so excited to play with it I didn’t even think about using up all my data…thanks!

• By Andrew Dyer - 11:51 AM on May 5, 2014

I am a cc subscriber. I use an iMac at home, and an Air on the road. I have iPads too. Love the new LR Mobile. Is there anyway to use my cc to sync between the iMac and the Air, the way I can now sync between the iMac and the iPad?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 10:58 AM on May 7, 2014

Hi Andrew, Sync between desktops currently isn’t supported.