by Julieanne Kost

Comments (8)

Created

April 10, 2014

A number of people have been asking me to post the presets that I have showed when demonstrating Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw. Although I don’t feel that they are earth shattering by any means, I do hope that they may prevent us all from individually recreating the wheel.

To install: download and unzip the presets for Lightroom JKostLRDevPreset and/or Camera Raw JKostACRPresets and place them in the following location:

Lightroom

• Mac (user)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Develop Presets

• Win (user)/Application Data/Adobe/Lightroom/Develop Presets

Photoshop

• Mac(user)/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Camera Raw/Settings

• Win (user)/Application Data/Adobe/Camera Raw/Settings

Note: If you are on a Mac, the Library menu may be hidden depending on your operating system. To reveal it, hold the Option key down while selecting the “Go” menu in the Finder.

There are presets for converting to grayscale using the B & W and HSL panels, toning using the Split Tone and Tone Curve panels, and adding grain and post crop vignetting using the Effects panel. The preset names differ slightly for each product as Camera Raw does not support folders in the Presets tab and I wanted similar presets grouped together. These presets are meant to be a starting point,  you can customize any of them as you see fit, create  your own, and delete the one’s that you don’t want to use.

Note: If you watch the sliders when applying these presets, you will see that each preset only moves the slider positions in a single panel. Therefore, if you click on one preset that changes sliders in the Tone Curve panel for example, and then click to apply a second preset that changes the sliders in the same panel, the second one will replace the first.

COMMENTS

• By Michael Preston - 8:41 AM on April 10, 2014

Thank you so much for these, Julieanne! :)

• By Gary - 10:04 AM on April 10, 2014

Thanks very much, J

• By Ameet - 3:03 AM on April 11, 2014

Thank you Julieanne for the presets :-). tel me hoe I could upgrade my Adobe Photoshop Cs3 extended tools in Camera RAW window?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 9:54 AM on April 12, 2014

The new features in Camera Raw are only available in the latest versions of Photoshop.

• By Lou P - 6:20 AM on April 14, 2014

Julieanne, I hate to be such a clutz with saving the presets, but when I download them and unzip them, then go to C:\users\LOUISP~1\App.Data\Local\Temp\JKostLRDevPresets. I don’t see how to get them into the file you say they should be. If I enter that, nothing happens.

Thanks, Lou

• By phoebe - 12:36 PM on April 17, 2014

I have an iMac 10.9.2 and the Library and everything with Lightroom is hidden. I tried revealing it in Finder with the option key and pressing “go” (there is no “go” in the menu, so I assume you mean click the search bar with library typed in) but nothing was revealed. Is there anything I can do to put these in the correct location? Thanks so much!

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 8:46 AM on April 18, 2014

No Go menu? are you sure you’re looking at the Finder?

• By Ralph Sanders - 9:17 AM on April 22, 2014

Hi Julieanne. Thanks so much for posting these presets! They’re great. Question: I have a million (almost) presets. I use some of my own and a bunch of the VSCO presets. When I add yours to my presets the list of presets in ACR is miles long. Is there a way to organize presets by folder so the list is shorter/more intuitive in ACR? I tried organizing them in folders in C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings but that didn’t translate into folders in ACR. Any ideas? Thanks again for the presets and I read every post on your blog.