by Julieanne Kost
The video below demonstrates the new features added to the Advanced Healing Brush (Spot Removal) tool in Adobe Camera Raw. Also check out the shortcuts below to take full advantage of the features!
• Tap the “B” key to select the Advanced Healing Brush tool.
• Tap the “V” key to toggle the visibility of the spot overlays.
• Shift -drag constrains the brush spot to a horizontal or vertical stroke.
• Shift -click connects the selected spot with the new spot via a straight brush stroke.
• Command -drag (Mac) | Control -drag (Win) will create a circle spot and allow you to drag to define the source.
• Tap the Forward Slash key (/) to select new source for existing circle or brush spot.
• Press Delete to delete a selected spot.
• Option -click (Mac) | Alt -click (Win) on a spot to delete it (the cursor will change to a pair of scissors).
• Option -drag (Mac) | Alt -drag (Win) in the image area over multiple spots to batch-delete (the icon changes to a marquee while dragging.
• Tap the “Y” key to toggle on/off Visualize spots. Note – this is also available as a checkbox and slider in Toolbar.
• Tap the left and right brackets to increase / decrease your brush size. Add the Shift key to increase / decrease the feather.