by Julieanne Kost

Comments (8)

Created

August 19, 2014

Jeff Tranberry has been very busy creating, curating and updating resources to help answer frequently asked customer questions about the transition from Photoshop CC to the 2014 Release of Photoshop. He found that the majority of questions focused around “Where’s my Stuff…” Click here for the answers to questions such as:

Where are my settings & workspaces?

Where are my presets?

Where are my custom panels?

Where are my 3rd party plug-ins?

Why do I now have two versions of Photoshop installed?

2014_08_12

In addition, if you want to know more about Photoshop CC 2014 and HTML5 Compatible Extension Panels, click here.

COMMENTS

• By Syd - 6:51 AM on August 19, 2014

Is there a way to easily convert a panel created with the Adobe Configurator that I created to speed up my workflow to the CC 2014 version? I find I am still using CC since I do not have access to my panel.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 6:50 AM on August 20, 2014

Do you have an example of one of your panels? Is it tool based? or do you have buttons to trigger different commands?

• By Syd - 2:51 PM on August 20, 2014

Thanks for getting back to me. My panel contains several tools – since I like to paint several of my brushes are set up as actions so that I can switch to them quickly. Also several menu items like switching to 8-bit mode, rasterizing a layer, adding Hue/Sat Adj. Layers and Curves. Also use to get into OnOne Perfect Effects 8. Pretty basic stuff but saves me lots of time.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:10 AM on August 21, 2014

Couple of suggestions:

You may find “PS Tools” – By Davide Barranca – A Configurator-like replacement as a Tools panel for Photoshop CC 2014 useful – https://creative.adobe.com/addons/products/2603

For triggering other commands through simple buttons, have you tried Button Mode in the Actions Panel? http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/playing-actions.html#play_an_action_on_a_file

• By Syd - 8:54 AM on August 21, 2014

I added the PS Tools but it is limited to just the Tools – will help some. Hopefully someone will add in the Menu items to this panel. The actions for my old panel are still in my Action Panel and I could set them up on shortcut keys. When painting, if you can just click quickly on things with a stylus pen instead of using your keyboard, it goes much faster. Of course this can probably all be set up in the Wacom, but the panel had been a really quick fix for me. Thanks for the help.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 7:13 AM on August 22, 2014

Yeah. I’m sure we’ll see improvements with custom panel creation for HTML5 panels.

• By Bob - 2:29 PM on August 19, 2014

One question. Can PS be installed on my “D” Drive?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 6:48 AM on August 20, 2014

Yes. In the Creative Cloud application, click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and select Preferences. Then click “Apps.” You can change the app language and install location from here.