by Julieanne Kost

Comments (19)

Created

October 6, 2014

Photoshop’s new Welcome screen has the potential to help all different levels of Photoshop users. For beginners, clicking on the Getting Started tab displays tips and tutorials that cover the fundamentals. For those who have been using Photoshop for some time, the New Features tab will quickly demonstrate what feature enhancements have recently been added.  And for continuous learning, the  Tips & Techniques tab will offer additional training. The Create tab enables one click opening of recent documents and additional presets.

2014_10Welcome

Use the links at the bottom to quickly navigate to additional resources. For example, the Help link will take you to CC Learn. Click Forum to ask a question or submit a request. Click Inspire to discover new work from artists around the world on Behance and click on Blog to check out what’s new on Photoshop.com.

Based on the tutorials that you choose to view, the Welcome screen will personalize what training to display to match your interests so get ready to learn!

Note: to disable the Welcome screen, click “Don’t show Welcome Screen Again” at the bottom of the New Features panel. Choose Help > Welcome Screen to enable it at a later time.

COMMENTS

• By Shannon - 8:00 AM on October 8, 2014

This welcome screen takes 3-4 mins to load each time, and eats up RAM. I’ve clicked the “Don’t show Welcome Screen Again” box at the bottom of the features panel, but it still tries to load when I close all files and start to load a new one.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 9:00 AM on October 8, 2014

Hi Shannon, if you disable your Anti-virus, does it load immediately? If so, check for an update from your anti-virus vendor.

• By Dave - 8:33 AM on October 9, 2014

It loads slowly and gets in the way, but I don’t have any option to turn it off.

I am not running a trial and I am signed into CC.

Any ideas? This is quite annoying.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 10:46 AM on October 9, 2014

Are you on windows? Try disabling your anti-virus. If it loads faster, see if there’s an update for your anti-virus software.

• By Andy - 10:59 AM on October 9, 2014

No anti-virus running and still takes too long to load.
    Also, why does a new instance of Photoshop open every time I double click on a psd?

• By Angela - 2:05 AM on October 10, 2014

I have no antivirus. and i don’t see a way to disable the welcome screen in photoshop. and I find it very annoying. I would like to remove it completely.

• By Julieanne Kost - 7:56 AM on October 10, 2014

Angela, in the screenshot above, in the lower right, there is an option to “Don’t Show Welcome Screen Again”.

• By Steve - 9:39 AM on October 10, 2014

AHHHH… there’s a scrollbar in the Welcome window that I didn’t see! I had to scroll all the way down to find the “don’t show” checkbox. Worked for me. PS CC 2014.

• By Jeffrey Atherton - 6:20 AM on October 11, 2014

I have no Welcome Screen option under the HELP menu. Did they just recently remove it?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 9:20 AM on October 13, 2014

Hi Jeffrey,

I’ve sent you an email.

• By Ryan McGinnis - 6:59 PM on October 11, 2014

Prior to CC I used to be an Adobe Photoshop prerelease tester.

After upgrade, my welcome box popped up, stayed blank for three minutes, and wouldn’t be dismissed. Task manager considered Photoshop to be unresponsive. Using Win 8.1. 16GB RAM. SSD is OS drive. Windows Defender is the only antivirus.

The welcome screen is stupid. Nothing should steal and forcibly hold the focus from the app I’m trying to use when starting. Nothing. If you want to alert me to new features, give me a notification icon or something. But I’ve got work to do!

• By Julieanne Kost - 5:16 PM on October 12, 2014

Ryan, you can scroll to the bottom (see illustration above) if you don’t want to see the Welcome screen.

• By Lasse V. Karlsen - 5:11 AM on October 15, 2014

This is just as easy to discover as this: It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard’

Please reconsider future such “features”, make them easier to find.

• By Ian Thomas - 12:09 PM on October 15, 2014

The “don’t show welcome screen again” in windows only shows up in the new features, getting started, and tips & techniques tab by scrolling all the way to the bottom. It does not show up on the create menu, which is why it is very confusing to figure out how to disable the welcome screen.

• By Jeff Peppers - 9:57 AM on October 17, 2014

I was trying to re-enable the welcome screen in PS CC 2014 so I could hit the animated gif tutorial, but there’s nothing under Help :\

Maybe I can just hunt these down on adobetv 🙂

• By Chris B - 7:39 PM on October 19, 2014

Since this new screen appeared (after the last update) PS CC 2014 freezes after startup. The welcome screen is blank and my entire machine freezes. I have to restart with the power button. I can’t even get to the option to not show it again! I’m using a MacPro with Lion. This is not good! How do I stop the screen?