Adobe Announces Updates to Lightroom CC!

Adobe Lightroom Classic

04-21-BodieHDRPanoWatch and learn as Julieanne walks through all of the new features and enhancements to Lightroom CC including Face Detection and Recognition, Photo Merge (including raw panoramic stitching and raw high dynamic range image creation), improved slideshow capabilities, faster performance, improved local adjustment tools, HTML 5 compatible web galleries, and more!

Face Detection and Recognition in Lightroom CC
Discover how to automatically tag images with faces using Lightroom’s new Face Detection and Recognition feature.

Raw High Dynamic Range Imaging within Lightroom CC
Discover how to combine multiple bracketed exposures into a single high dynamic range (HDR) image that has all of the editing flexibility of a Raw file.

Stitching Raw Panoramas within Lightroom CC
Discover how to stitch together multiple files into a panorama that has all of the editing flexibility of a Raw file.

Improved Slideshow Creation in Lightroom CC
Create dynamic slideshows in  Lightroom including automated pan and zooms, additional audio tracks and automatic music syncing.

Hidden Gems in Lightroom CC
Discover new features and enhancements Lightroom CC including faster performance, improved local adjustment tools, HTML 5 compatible web galleries and more!

Click here to see a list of new camera and lens support in Lightroom CC.

Adobe Lightroom Classic

Posted on 04-21-2015

Comments

• By Brittney LaFond - 11:16 AM on April 21, 2015

Lightroom CC keeps crashing, it won’t even load. What’s happening?! I was so excited. I tried restarting the computer and I removed Lightroom 5.

• By Mike L - 11:25 AM on April 21, 2015

Will there be a reduced price to upgrade from LR5?

• By cjk - 7:53 PM on April 21, 2015

Dear Julianne,

It’s Santa Claus, not Santa Clause. 🙂

Love your videos btw.

Regards,

CJK

• By Julieanne Kost - 8:43 PM on April 21, 2015

Yes, my parent should get ALL of the money back that they spent on a tutor when I was in grade school. : )

• By Jan Robert - 7:13 AM on April 22, 2015

Dear CJK,

It’s Julieanne, not Julianne. ;o)

Regards,

Jan Robert

• By Stan Fry - 8:22 AM on April 22, 2015

Installed last night a lot of the features work great but two of them the HDR and Panorama produced no output back in the original folders or any folder I can find. Any ideas? The other features so far worked fine.

• By Julieanne Kost - 9:03 PM on April 22, 2015

Could it be that you started in a smart collection and the newly created image doesn’t meet the same smart collection’s criteria?

• By George N. - 3:38 PM on April 22, 2015

Face Detection in LR is long-awaited. Please tell me good news that face tags from other software can be imported into LR. The 40,000+ face tags (600 people) I have in Picasa is the only reason why I still have that software.

• By Cheryl S - 4:05 PM on April 22, 2015

Dear Julieanne

I have just upgraded to LR6 and Camera Raw 9. When switching to Elements 13 to edit a photo with LR adjustments Elements will open but the photo doesn’t. LR then gives this error “The file could not be edited because Elements Editor could not be launched”. Please advise on how to correct this error.

Thanks so much

• By Carlos A. Oliveras - 2:15 PM on April 23, 2015

Question: In the future, when new features (or improvements related to already existing features) are introduced in LR CC updates, will they be released too for LR 6 users? Or it will just be bug fixes + new raw support for them? Thanks a lot.

• By YAIR MELAMED - 5:22 AM on April 26, 2015

Again and again I am amazed what an awesome, clear, sharp, instructor she is dripping one drop of information at a time, making it absorbed totally into your cortex; you see it once and you get it forever.

This is called the art of teaching. She is a gifted coach.

• By allen furst - 7:23 AM on April 28, 2015

I am having a problem with tethered capture: although the sample file name in the dialog box shows a dng extension, the files that come over are all nef files. I can convert them after the fact, but shouldn’t they be converted on import? Thanks!

• By Jeriko - 3:04 PM on April 28, 2015

Dear Julieanne, you explained on the video that HDR/panorama merge creates a new raw file. Does that mean that if I merge photos to a HDR/panorama, I can then trash the originals if I never want to see them again? And continue editing the HDR/panorama image as any other?

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 9:09 AM on April 30, 2015

You can, but I wouldn’t recommend it. I always save the originals and stack them under the merged result.

• By Jeriko - 4:46 PM on April 30, 2015

Thanks for your answer!

I’d like to ask another question about face detection. I’ve already done ages ago a keyword set called “People” where I have all the names, because I don’t want to export names to Flickr etc. It’s a long waited feature that this new version allows me to decide, if I want to export the names or not.

The problem here is that also this new feature uses the keyword set “People”. Is there any way to use these names already in keyword set “People” and not having to tag everyone again? And still benefit from the possibility to choose if I want to export name tags or not.