by Julieanne Kost

Comments (13)

Created

June 8, 2016

Now you can quickly correct perspective in a photograph with precision and control using the new Transform Panel, Guided Upright tool, and Offset sliders. Watch as Julieanne demonstrates how to manually position guides to automatically correct converging vertical and horizontal lines in images, which can then be repositioned within the canvas area.

Here are some handy shortcuts to know use while using the Guided Upright tool:
Shift + T will select the Guided Upright tool
“O” toggles the Loupe on and off (Located in the toolbar when the Guided Upright tool is selected)
“H” toggles the Grid overlay (Located in the toolbar when the Guided Upright tool is selected)
“A” toggles Tool overlay
Command + Option | Control + Alt -drag to reposition the image in the preview area via the Offset X/Y sliders. Add the Shift key to constrain to horizontal/vertical directions.

Click here for more information via the Lightroom Journal.

COMMENTS

• By Conrad - 8:43 AM on June 8, 2016

This looks like a great feature and I’m thankful for the update and tutorial.

However, when is Adobe going to address the (lack of) speed
    Issues that paralyse many users inspite of jumping through all the fixit hoops posted on the net.

While those without these issues enjoy a robust app, those of us plagued by the issue are continually forgotten for new innovations

• By David Swinney - 9:04 AM on June 8, 2016

FYI, the link you have provided to the Lightroom Journal article is invalid. It’s actually at http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2016/06/lightroom-cc-2015-6-now-available.html.

• By Julieanne Kost - 9:09 AM on June 8, 2016

Thank you! Fixed now.

• By Dennis Hess - 9:59 AM on June 8, 2016

Have any Windows 10 users attempted to download/upgrade to v2015.6? How successful was it?

• By Simon - 11:27 AM on June 8, 2016

@Conrad

Aside from the new Guided Upright feature, you should see some noticeable performance improvement while sequentially walking photos in the develop module under normal pace. You will see almost instant switching of the photo without the “Loading…” bezel coming up that often.

There are also improvements to the overall Lightroom stability in terms of crash bug fixes (there is one fix to a crash that accounted for ~30% of the crashes reported against the Lightroom 6.5.1 on Mac).

• By Warren Haraki - 12:41 PM on June 8, 2016

Hi, Julieanne. When will Lr CC 2015 be updated with this Guided Upright capability? I have Lr CC 2015.5, ACR 9.5. My version doesn’t show Transform panel below Effects (Post-Crop Vignetting, Grain, Dehaze) and Camera Calibration (Process/2012, Profile/Embedded.Shadows_Red Primary_Green Primary-Blue Primary).

• By Warren Haraki - 1:29 PM on June 8, 2016

Hi, Julieanne. After logging into CC, I received notice that updates for Ps, Lr, and Bridge are available. Now, in process of having the updates incorporated.

• By Benjamin Lapid - 9:54 PM on June 8, 2016

Though I updated my LR 6 to the latest version, the stand-alone LR6 (the non-CC version) do not have the guided option, (Nor does it have the Dehaze ability)
    any comments or advice on that, please…

• By Julieanne Kost - 6:54 AM on June 9, 2016

These features are not available in the standalone version of Lightroom 6.1

• By Dennis Willingham - 8:48 AM on June 18, 2016

I paid my money for LR 6.5. when there is a update cc people get the Guided upright and stand alone don’t. why

• By steve meador - 10:07 AM on June 9, 2016

What do we click or type to get the results? Mine will not finish the operation after the 4 lines are drawn.

• By Roberval - 11:47 AM on June 10, 2016

I have a perpetual Lightroom version 6.6 and there is no Guided Upright feature.
    Can I expect this feature for the future or it is just for CC ?

• By Doug - 6:55 AM on June 13, 2016

Wow! I just used this tool on some interior room shots I took of my home. Great tool! Love it!