by Julieanne Kost

Comments (14)

Created

June 19, 2018

While Lightroom Classic will not have the ability to automatically sync presets and profiles with Lightroom CC Mobile, it is possible to sync presets and profiles between Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Mobile using the Lightroom CC desktop application. To do this:

• Download and launch Lightroom CC. Click here for more information about downloading and installing Creative Cloud applications.
  • When you launch Lightroom CC desktop (v1.4 June 2018 release or later) for the first time after installing or updating, the existing Lightroom Classic profiles and presets on your computer are automatically migrated to Lightroom CC.
  • Once your profiles and presets have been migrated, you don’t need to do anything else in Lightroom CC.

Note: while you could delete Lightroom CC once you migrate your presets, if you plan to continue to create, update, and/or install presets using Lightroom Classic and want to sync them with Lightroom CC Mobile, I would suggest leaving Lightroom CC installed and then follow the instructions below for migrating updated presets.

If you install new profiles or presets or update presets in Lightroom Classic, and want them to sync with Lightroom CC Mobile —and you’ve previously  launched Lightroom CC,  you will need to import the new/updated presets and profiles manually. To do this:

• Launch Lightroom CC.
  • Select File > Import Profiles & Presets.

• Navigate to the Settings folder (which is hidden by default), by following the instructions below.

On Macintosh: Use the keyboard shortcut Command + Shift+ G to display the “Go to the folder” dialog, then paste the following path:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

On Windows: paste the following path (replacing [user name] with your user name)

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

• Select the files that you want to import and click Import.

COMMENTS

• By Jarred - 7:22 PM on June 20, 2018

Well Ive spent several hours now trying to get my user presets into mobile. They are all transferred to CC but WILL NOT sync to mobile. Ive quit everything, signed out/in, shut down, quit apps, and nothing. Bummer. Won’t work on iPad or iPhone.

• By Linda Quinn - 6:59 AM on June 21, 2018

I was so excited to read that you can add presets to LR CC Mobile, but I really didn’t want to install LR CC on my Mac. I found a work around that involves a bit of work, but allows me to selectively add presets to Mobile. All is to apply to preset to a photo in LR Classic, a photo with no other edits, and add it to a synced collection. Then in Mobile I open the photo, create a new preset and check only the needed edits. Thanks for making this feature known.

• By rus5 - 5:09 PM on June 21, 2018

THIS DOES NOT WORK !!!!!!!! DO NOT DO THIS !!!!!!!!!!

I followed these instructions and ended up with a long list of items with huge alpha numeric labels like “a;lskdjf9a87eoq;eokjfpasoed7r” which I had to delete ONE AT A TIME. It took me forever.

DO NOT DO THIS – IT DOES NOT WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!

• By Yac1066 - 10:57 PM on June 21, 2018

Why not make this function automatic, in case of update of preset, of existing profiles? This is not really ergonomic enough as a way to go! And above all, it’s illogical for those who use LR CC on mobile for temporary purposes before syncing all the photos in LR Classic!

• By samer - 7:54 AM on June 23, 2018

This is NOT working. my iOS are still without the presets.
    Please fix, or explain how to fix this.

• By Julieanne Kost - 9:24 AM on June 30, 2018

If it’s not working for you, I would suggest that you post your question to the forums which are frequented by members of the product development team as well as other passionate users willing to share their expertise and experience:

-j

• By Jarred - 3:05 PM on June 28, 2018

Doesn’t seem like Julianne likes to respond to her blog.

• By Julieanne Kost - 9:24 AM on June 30, 2018

Jarred, I would suggest that you post your question to the forums which are frequented by members of the product development team as well as other passionate users willing to share their expertise and experience:

-j

• By Martin - 3:23 PM on June 29, 2018

Yeah, this doesn’t work – as many others have indicated. This is a “make or break” issue as to whether I’ll be signing up for a year contract.

• By Jeffrey Tranberry - 2:43 PM on July 9, 2018

Hi Martin, Syncing only works with an active membership. I don’t see a paid or trial membership under the email address you’re using to post here.