While using the Marquee and/or Lasso tools, tapping the return key (Mac) | Enter key (Win), will automatically highlight the Feather amount in the Options bar. Note: the feather amount is applied to the next selection that you draw with the tool.
Posts tagged "Lasso Tool"
When using either the magnetic Lasso or the Magnetic Pen, the following shortcuts can help to quickly change tool options:
[ or ] decreases/increases the lasso width
[ or ] + Shift goes to the minimum/maximum lasso width
‘,’ (comma) or ‘.’ (period) decreases/increases the edge contrast
‘,’ (comma) or ‘.’ (period) + Shift goes to the minimum/maximum edge contrast
‘;’ (semicolon) or ”’ (apostrophe) decreases/increases the frequency
‘;’ (semicolon) or ”’ (apostrophe) + Shift goes to the minimum/maximum frequency
While using the Lasso tool, tapping the return/enter key will automatically highlight the Feather amount in the Options bar. This feather is applied to the NEXT selection that you draw with the Lasso tool.
Holding the Option (Mac) / Alt (Win) key while dragging the Lasso tool will toggle to the Polygonal Lasso tool and vice versa. When starting with the Lasso tool, this previous shortcut might take a few tries to master as you have to be careful to release the Option key (to return from the Polygonal Lasso tool to the regular Lasso) while holding the mouse down.
In addition, holding the Option (Mac) / Alt (Win) key while dragging the Magnetic Lasso will toggle to the regular Lasso if you drag with the cursor and the Polygonal Lasso if you click with the cursor.
The Marquee, Lasso, Magic Wand and Quick Selection tools all share some common shortcuts that can help you when making more complex selections (Instead of using the icons in the Options bar):
• Holding the Shift key and dragging with the tool will add to an existing selection.
• Holding the Option (Mac) / Alt (Win) and dragging with the tool will subtract from the original selection.
• Holding the Option (Mac) / Alt (Win) + Shift and dragging with the tool will produce the intersection of selections.
• After creating a selection, you can move a it by 1 pixel with the arrow keys. Add the Shift key to move in increments of 10 pixels.
• Holding the Shift key after beginning to move a selection or layer will constrain the movement to multiples of 45° (0°, 45°, 90° etc.).