The ability to search (filter) layers based on a variety of criteria has been added to the Layers panel in Photoshop CS6 which should make working with multi-layered documents much easier. Choose a “Filter Type” by clicking the drop down menu at the top left of the Layers panel and choose from Kind, Name, Effect, Mode, Attribute and/or Color. Then, use the corresponding options that appear to the right of the Filter Type to narrow down the search. The “light switch” to the right of the Filter options toggles the filtering on and off. Note: when filtering by Kind, you can click on more than one icon at a time in order to narrow down the search. Click an icon again to toggle if off.
Posts tagged "Layer Filter"
May 2, 2012
ADDITIONAL TRAINING BY JULIEANNE KOST
LEGALThe views expressed in this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Toggling Layer Visibility in Photoshop CC 2014
- Fill Options in Photoshop CC 2014
- Aperture Import Plugin Now Available for Lightroom
- Live Shapes Properties in Photoshop CC 2014
- Creating Layer Groups that Include Selected Layers in Photoshop CC 2014
- Feathering the Edges of a Selection Along the Edge of a Document in Photoshop CC
- Modifying Selections in Photoshop CC 2014
- Lightroom 5 Develop Module Shortcuts PDF
- The Libraries Panel in Photoshop CC
- New Guide Layout and New Guide from Shape in Photoshop CC