The ability to search (filter) layers based on a variety of criteria has been added to the Layers panel in Photoshop CS6 which should make working with multi-layered documents much easier. Choose a “Filter Type” by clicking the drop down menu at the top left of the Layers panel and choose from Kind, Name, Effect, Mode, Attribute and/or Color. Then, use the corresponding options that appear to the right of the Filter Type to narrow down the search. The “light switch” to the right of the Filter options toggles the filtering on and off. Note: when filtering by Kind, you can click on more than one icon at a time in order to narrow down the search. Click an icon again to toggle if off.
Posts tagged "Layer Filter"
May 2, 2012
ADDITIONAL TRAINING BY JULIEANNE KOST
LEGALThe views expressed in this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Repositioning a Layer Amidst Layer Groups in Photoshop CC 2014
- 3D PDF Import/Export in Photoshop CC 2014
- Seminar and Workshop at Concordia Design in Ponzan, Poland!
- “Rigged” File Support and 3D Animations in Photoshop CC 2014
- Animation Support for 3D Printing in Photoshop CC 2014
- Video Tutorial – Adding Textures to Photographs in Photoshop CC
- Overscrolling Documents in Photoshop CC 2014
- Save and Save As States now Recorded in History Panel in Photoshop CC 2014
- Locking and Unlocking Layers in Photoshop CC 2014
- Toggling Layer Visibility in Photoshop CC 2014