The ability to search (filter) layers based on a variety of criteria has been added to the Layers panel in Photoshop CS6 which should make working with multi-layered documents much easier. Choose a “Filter Type” by clicking the drop down menu at the top left of the Layers panel and choose from Kind, Name, Effect, Mode, Attribute and/or Color. Then, use the corresponding options that appear to the right of the Filter Type to narrow down the search. The “light switch” to the right of the Filter options toggles the filtering on and off. Note: when filtering by Kind, you can click on more than one icon at a time in order to narrow down the search. Click an icon again to toggle if off.
Posts tagged "Layer Filter"
May 2, 2012
TRAINING ON LYNDA.COM
BOOKS BY JULIEANNE KOST
LEGALThe views expressed in this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Swatches Panel Improvements in Photoshop CC
- 3D Print Directly to Microsoft’s 3MF Format from Photoshop CC 15.5
- Preference for Legacy Healing Brush In Photoshop CC 15.5
- FAQ: Photoshop CC 2015.5 now available
- 5 Hidden Gems in Photoshop CC (15.5)
- The Content Aware Crop Tool in Photoshop CC (15.5)
- Select and Mask Taskspace in Photoshop CC (15.5)
- New Typographic Features in Photoshop CC (15.5)
- Rotating an Image using the Ruler Tool in Photoshop
- Blending Layer Groups in Photoshop