There are a number of different techniques for displaying a photograph within type or other graphics. In this quick tip, you’ll learn how to apply a clipping mask to a layer group enabling you to mask multiple layers at once while keeping the type, the graphics and the photograph re-editable.
Posts tagged "Layer Group"
In an attempt to make the hand-off between designer and developer easier, several attributes of Type and Shape Layers can be copied as CSS. To copy a single layer or a Layer Group, select it in the Layers panel, then use the fly-out menu to select Copy CSS.
The DIV shapes include:
• Rectangle, rounded rectangle, ellipse
• Solid Color fill, gradient fill (linear & radial), opacity
• Drop Shadow, z-index
Stroke Attributes include:
• border-width, border-color,
• border-style (dotted/dashed/solid)
• background-image (layer name)
Text Attributes include:
• font-size, font-family, color, font-weight (bold),
• font-style (italic), font-variant (small-caps),
• text-decoration (strikethrough, underline),
• text-transform (uppercase), vertical-align (sub, super)
• text-align, text-indent, transform
• Drop Shadows
In addition, there are third party plug-ins( such as CSS Hat) that can help with handing off Layer Style information to CSS.