While using the Marquee and/or Lasso tools, tapping the return key (Mac) | Enter key (Win), will automatically highlight the Feather amount in the Options bar. Note: the feather amount is applied to the next selection that you draw with the tool.
Posts tagged "Marquee Tool"
Use the left, right, up, down arrow keys to nudge the marquee selection 1 pixel at a time (add the Shift key to move 10 pixels).
Double click to expand the marquee to fill the editing plane.
Option (Mac) / Alt (Win) -drag a selection to create a floating selection.
Tap the Backspace or Delete key to delete a floating selection.
Option (Mac) / Alt (Win) -drag outside of a floating selection to rotate the selection.
• Holding the Option (Mac) / Alt (Win) key while dragging with the Marquee tools creates a selection from the center.
• Holding the Shift key will constrain the Marquee to a square or circle.
• After starting to draw a selection, holding the spacebar (while still holding the mouse down) allows the repositioning of the origin of the selection. Releasing the spacebar (while still holding the mouse down) allows continuation of drawing of the selection.
The Marquee, Lasso, Magic Wand and Quick Selection tools all share some common shortcuts that can help you when making more complex selections (Instead of using the icons in the Options bar):
• Holding the Shift key and dragging with the tool will add to an existing selection.
• Holding the Option (Mac) / Alt (Win) and dragging with the tool will subtract from the original selection.
• Holding the Option (Mac) / Alt (Win) + Shift and dragging with the tool will produce the intersection of selections.
• After creating a selection, you can move a it by 1 pixel with the arrow keys. Add the Shift key to move in increments of 10 pixels.
• Holding the Shift key after beginning to move a selection or layer will constrain the movement to multiples of 45° (0°, 45°, 90° etc.).