July 5, 2012
I have had several questions lately regrading Identity Plates so I thought I should repost this video tutorial on how to create an Identity Plate to personalize your own copy of Lightroom as well as brand your images when outputting them to slideshow, print and web. Creating Your Own Identity Plates in Lightroom.
April 4, 2012
In this video tutorial (Publish a Slideshow), you will learn how to create, render and publish a slideshow with music by sequencing your images to tell the perfect story.
November 1, 2011
I’m constantly reminded that different people use different shortcuts to accomplish the same tasks. For example, I typically tap “G” to go to the Grid view and “D” to move to the Develop module, However, each module also has its own shortcut:
• Command + Option (Mac) / Control + Alt (Win) + 1 moves to the Library module.
• Command + Option (Mac) / Control + Alt (Win) + 2 moves to the Develop module.
• Command + Option (Mac) / Control + Alt (Win) + 3 moves to the Slideshow module.
• Command + Option (Mac) / Control + Alt (Win) + 4 moves to the Print module.
• Command + Option (Mac) / Control + Alt (Win) + 5 moves to the Web module.
• Command + Option (Mac) / Control + Alt (Win) + Up arrow moves to the previous module.
• Command + Option (Mac) / Control + Alt (Win) + left/right arrow moves back/forward through the recently viewed modules.
October 11, 2011
Unfortunately, the Slideshow module cannot automatically wrap text. Therefore, if you have entered a long caption and want to display that caption under an image, the text will (more than likely) end up being truncated – unless you scale the caption really small. To avoid this, insert your own line breaks (in the Caption field in the Metadata panel) using Option + Enter (Mac), Ctrl+Return (Win).
September 30, 2011
• Command (Mac) / Control (Win) + Shift + H show/hides guides.
• Command (Mac) / Control (Win) + J exports a PDF Slideshow.
• Command (Mac) / Control (Win) + Shift + J exports a sequence of JPEG files.
• Command + Option (Mac) / Control + Alt (Win) + J exports a Video Slideshow.
Note: Holding down the Option (Mac) / Alt (Win) also toggles the Export PDF button (in the lower left) to Export JPEG.
September 29, 2011
• Option + Enter (Mac), Alt + Return (Win) will preview a Slideshow (in the preview window).
• Command + Enter (Mac), Control + Return (Win) will play a Slideshow (full screen).
• To stop a slide show tap the Escape key.
• To pause a Slideshow, tap the Spacebar. Tap the Spacebar again to resume playing.
• While the Slideshow is paused, tap the left/right arrows to move to the previous/next slide.
September 27, 2011
If you find that you’re in one of Lightroom’s output modules but don’t have the correct images to work with, instead of returning to the Library Module, you can:
• Choose a different collection using the Collections panel.
• Use the Go Back and Go Forward navigation icons to view recently viewed folders (located above the Filmstrip on the left-hand side, in the little black strip)
• Click the downward pointing triangle to the right of the path (above the Filmstrip, on the left-hand side, in that little black strip) and choose from Recent and Favorite Sources.
You can also refine the selection using the Content Selector in the tool bar – choosing between All Filmstrip Photos, Selected Photos or Flagged Photos.
And don’t forget, you don’t have to return to the library to reorder images either. Simply drag to reposition the images in the Filmstrip (be sure you have to click and drag in the thumbnail area – not the gray area surrounding the thumbnail to reposition). Note, there are certain circumstances when you can not drag to create a custom sort order. Click here to watch the short video on Custom Sort Orders.
September 26, 2011
In any of the output modules in Lightroom:
• Command (Mac) / Control (Win) + N creates a new template.
• Command (Mac) / Control (Win) + Shift + N creates a new folder for templates.
June 29, 2011
In this Episode of The Complete Picture (Watermarking Images in Lightroom), I will show you how to quickly save your vector and raster logos in Photoshop to be applied to photographs in Lightroom as watermarks in the Slideshow, Print and Web modules as well as Publish Services).
August 25, 2010
In this episode, I will demonstrate how to create and save your own personalized text and graphic presets to be used as Identity plates to brand your photographs when outputting them to slideshow, print and web. Click here to watch the video…
June 7, 2010
I have posted 10 new movies on Lightroom 3.0 – http://bit.ly/dvjSkp
If you’re interested in the new features, check out the first movie – What’s New in Lightroom 3.0. If you’re new to Lightroom, the Getting Started series will make you an expert in no time! Enjoy.
In this video tutorial (Publish a Slideshow in Lightroom 3), Julieanne demonstrates how to create a slideshow by sequencing your images to tell the perfect story with music and output it to a movie.
Note: This tutorial is part of the Lightroom 3 Getting Started Series.
In this tutorial (What’s New in Lightroom 3), Digital Imaging Evangelist Julieanne Kost walks you through new features, workflows and enhancements in the latest release of Lightroom 3.
June 27, 2008
Take a tour of the updated Develop module in Lightroom 2.0 (What’s New in Lightroom 2 – The Develop Module)
Julieanne Kost shows how to make nondestructive localized corrections using the new Adjustment Brush and Graduated filter tools.
Julieanne Kost gives an overview of the updated Export options in Lightroom 2.0 What’s New in Lightroom 2 – The Output Modules. Learn about integration with Photoshop, as well as updates to the Print, Slideshow, and Web modules.