January 24, 2012
• Snapshots now auto name with a time/date stamp.
• The White Balance Selector Tool’s sample area is dependent on zoom level. (Zoom in to sample a smaller area.)
• Noise reduction adjustments are always displayed (regardless of the zoom viewed).
• The Navigator panels in both the Library and Develop Module have two new options for zooming 1:8 and 1:16.
• This one isn’t new, but when using the Adjustment Brush, clicking on the disclosure triangle to the right of “Effect” displays an amount slider to increase/decrease all of the adjustments applied to that adjustment at one time.
June 16, 2011
With the White Balance Selector tool chosen, use the Tool bar to hide/show the Loupe and Auto Dismiss features. The “W” key toggles the White Balance Selector tool so that it’s easy to put back if you turn off the Auto Dismiss feature.
Note: the Temperature and Tint sliders will display numeric values from -100 to +100 for JPEG files as opposed to actual Temperature (2000-50000) and Tint (-150 – +150) values for RAW files.
April 29, 2011
• “W” toggles the White Balance Selector tool (meaning that tapping “W” once selects the tool, tapping it again puts it away – which is a very useful way to dismiss the tool if you don’t use the auto-dismiss feature). Escape will also dismiss the tool.
• With the White Balance Tool selected, use the Tool bar to choose to hide/show the Loupe and/or toggle the Auto Dismiss features.
Note: Tapping the “W” key in the Library Module will automatically switches to the Develop Module and selects the White Balance Selector tool.
April 4, 2011
In this episode, I will demonstrate how to streamline Lightroom 3’s Develop module by taking advantage of my top 10 favorite shortcuts & time-saving features in order to eliminate many of the repetitive image adjustment tasks when editing large volumes of images. Check it out here…
June 29, 2010
Holding the Shift key in Adobe Camera Raw with the majority of tools selected (Zoom, Hand, Color Sampler, Targeted Adjustment, Straighten, Spot Removal Red Eye Removal) will temporarily activate the White Balance tool.