January 06, 2006
Come say hey at Macworld
If you’ll be at the Macworld show in SF next week, please swing by the Adobe booth and say hi. Members of the new, improved, grand-unified Adobe will be staffing the pods as well as giving theater presentations on using Studio 8, Creative Suite 2, Flash with After Effects and Illustrator, and more. Some points of possible interest:
- Creative nutjob Russell Brown will be on hand to give out copies of his new & improved Russell Brown Show CDs. He’s due to present in the Adobe theater Tuesday-Thursday at 11:15 and Friday at 1:15, so get there early. And fellow evangelist Julieanne Kost will be showing something interesting at 3:45 each afternoon. [Update: Yes, that would be Lightroom]
- Come network with (other) InDesign experts on Wednesday evening, 6:30-9pm at the Adobe SF office (formerly Macromedia HQ), 601 Townsend St. Author Sandee Cohen will be there, along with (I’m told) “Amazing raffle prizes and free pizza.”
- The User Research team invites you to stop by their pod (located behind the information booth) to learn more about their work and, if you’d like, to sign up to participate in upcoming research. If you won’t be at the show, you can always sign up at www.adobe.com/usability.
- The Apple User Group Advisory Board is having a meeting on Monday at the Argent hotel where Adobe’s Terry White will be speaking.
- On Wednesday morning there’s an Adobe Professional Association & User Group Leader Breakfast, 7-10am in the Argent Hotel. Terry White, Dave Helmly & Kurt Zevas will be presenting.