May 23, 2006
Photons to Ink; Adobe Proxy & Edge
Here’s a fistful of good learning resources:
- Now ready for download: Volume II, No. 2 of Proxy, the quarterly design magazine from Adobe. This issue features a talk with John Maeda of MIT’s Media Lab; type geekery with Robert Slimbach; vectorizing in Illustrator; top 10 keyboard shorcuts in Creative Suite 2; enhancements to Adobe Stock Photos, and more.
- The May 22 Adobe Edge newsletter is also live. Featured in this installment: Driving the Jaguar Experience Online | Edge Interview with Tim O’Reilly | Flex 2: What’s in It for Flash Developers? | Merging Two Sites: The New Adobe.com | Get More from Your Ajax Applications | Tips for Rookie Video Producers | Tapping into the Adobe Developer Community [Via]
- The accomplished teacher/photographer duo of Katrin Eismann and Jack Reznicki are conducting their Photons to Ink weekend seminar June 24-25 in NYC. Looks like lots of good info will be flowing.
- Update: The Adobe Design Center has been refreshed as well. New content includes:
- Gallery: Flash movies from Ernesto Lavandera & Michele D’Auria
- Think Tank: Getting Real: An interview with Jason Fried by Khoi Vinh
- Dialog Box: Video on the Web — getting started by Hillman Curtis
- Trapping by Olav Martin Kvern, David Blatner
- Color management by Olav Martin Kvern, David Blatner
- Simple Adjustment Layers by Bruce Fraser, David Blatner
- Closed and Open shape path tools by Mordy Golding
- Frame by frame animation by Helge Maus, Sascha Wolter