August 11, 2006

Groovy Photoshop brushes & rendering techniques

• Designer Jason Gaylor has created a handy, stylish set of Fresh Foliage Brushes (Vol. II) for Photoshop. If those are up your alley, see also Vol. I of the same set, as well as Jason’s graffiti brushes and worn brushes (Volumes I, II, and III). [Via] (For more on worn brushes & distressing images, see previous entry.)
  • Putting brushes into action, automotive designer Jonathan Tatum shares some of his moves. Seeing details pop into existence from step to step suggests a big equation with “And then a miracle occurs” hidden among the steps. (For more on automobile rendering, see also Kevin Hulsey’s techniques.)
    Posted by John Nack at 4:55 PM on August 11, 2006
  • Comments

• Jason Gaylor — 4:33 PM on August 13, 2006

John, thanks for the props on the brushes. I’ve had a good time making them. It’s fun finding posts about them. Makes it way worth it. Glad people are using them.
      Jason Gaylor
      designfruit.com

• kevyman — 4:59 PM on August 13, 2006

Loved the Jason Gaylor brushes, thanks for the link…

• Roseanne Minasian — 12:47 AM on August 17, 2006

I have been unable to download your brushes. I’ve located them through searching but can’t locate them in the Adobe file where I sent them. I’ve looked into the brush file where I thought I sent them, but they are not there. Obviously I don’t know what I’m doing. After down loading them I opened the file and it was in a notebook pad filled with symbols. Can you help me. Thanks
      [I’m afraid I don’t know what’s going wrong here. You should be able to locate a link to a .ABR file (the brushes), then right click it and choose “Save as Source.” Once it comes down to your desktop (or wherever), double-clicking it should load it in Photoshop. –J.]

• Roseanne Minasian — 12:55 AM on August 18, 2006

I was looking at another brush download site and realized I had to unzip the file. I downloaded the Winzip program and followed the the Wizard’s instructions. And now am having fun with your beautiful foliage brushes.

• Zell — 8:35 AM on November 19, 2006

Hey, i just glanced at the site, and i just wanna say the banner is proper creative and i really love it. Awsome job dude.
      [Thanks! –J.]

• Sergio — 7:07 PM on August 11, 2008

Excelent

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)