September 14, 2006

Photoshop 9.0.2 update available for Mac & Win

The Photoshop 9.0.2 update is now available for Mac OS X, along with the previously posted Windows update. (Both were initially posted together, but we found that a printing change made for OS 10.4 broke something on 10.3. That’s now been addressed, but if you are running a pre-10.4 system and already applied the earlier 9.0.2 update and have encountered a printing crash, you’ll want to reinstall CS2, then apply the new 9.0.2 update. Sorry for the lameness.)
9.0.2 is a small update, and fixes included in the Mac side include these:

• Photoshop no longer crashes when encountering unsupported file types through the Acrobat Touchup workflow.

• Supported files that incorrectly produced an “unsupported color space” message now open as expected.
  • TIFF files with layer data greater than 2GB now open correctly.
  • A printing issue that could cause banding when using inkjet printers with Mac OS X v.10.4 has been resolved.
Posted by John Nack at 10:53 AM on September 14, 2006

Comments

• Rosyna — 2:04 PM on September 14, 2006

Out of curiosity, when was the last time someone from Adobe installed CS2 from scratch on Mac OS X then applied all the updates? I’ve done it thrice in the last two weeks. Installed GoLive, but not Version Cue. The update process asks for your password 9 times, asks for a button to be pushed 4 times, and basically has to be baby sat. Kind of annoying when it’s a large set of downloads. And all of this doesn’t even update Adobe Acrobat Professional, which seems to not be updated through the Adobe Updater application. That’s another 76megs of updates itself.
    I guess it’d just be nice if all the updates could be installed without asking for user input all the time. C’est la vie.
    [Yeah, good points. Let me pass along this feedback and see what we're doing to improve matters. --J.]
    [Update: Okay, the folks reponsible for the update utility report that they're aware of these issues and plan to make them smoother in the next release. --J.]

• Rosyna — 8:57 PM on September 16, 2006

Excellent. Many thanks for the followup.
    In the meantime, I should say that PS CS2 9.0.2 is working lovely even in Rosetta. It’s quite “fun” to launch 8 apps from CS2 at the same time under rosetta (that’s what I was testing, if you were curious as to why I’d reinstall CS2 thrice in two weeks).

• nick t — 11:37 AM on September 25, 2006

now all they have to do is fix the bugs in adobe bridge…
    [What in particular is bugging you in Bridge? --J.]

• nick t — 1:23 PM on September 26, 2006

when i try to update or add metadata from bridge, it will change the resolution from 300 to 72, it will delete all the metadata and it will strip the file of any color profile…

• eman — 6:42 PM on October 17, 2006

i want Adobe photoshop9.0.2 updater
    thanks
    [I'm not sure I understand. The update is available from the links above. --J.]

• Paul — 10:43 PM on January 23, 2007

9.0.2 for Windows is still crash-happy. I suggest that instead of working on a new Photoshop CS3 that Adobe fix the current version first.
    [If there's something you'd sincerely like to see fixed, you need to provide actual details of the problems you say you're seeing. Otherwise there's nothing actionable in your post, and it's no more useful than saying "You suck." --J.]

• methanie — 12:26 PM on March 23, 2007

I realize this blog post was made some time ago but I didn’t update to 9.0.2 until this week.
    I have a MacBook Pro – Intel machine. Now that I have updated to 9.0.2, Photoshop CS2 crashes on launch. I’m not sure how to fix this issue. At the moment, I’m downloading a beta of CS3 so that I can finish my work today, and I’m hoping for the best.
    Are there any plans for a 9.0.3 update? Or does anyone know how to remedy this issue on Intel-based Macs? Thanks.
    [There are no plans for further updates to CS2. I don't know what might be causing this issue and would suggest searching the Adobe knowledgebase and/or Photoshop Mac user forum. --J.]

• dan — 6:53 AM on August 14, 2009

I have updated my mac to os 10.5.8 and since then ps 9.02 will not save a file or open a new file,ps just unexpectedly quits. It will however open recent files and send to imageready. I have tried the basics uninstall and reinstall. Any Ideas?

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)