November 23, 2006
Pleasures of the Flesh… with Toast
Clearly the smell of slow-cooking turkey meat wafting down the hall is getting to me, and soon enough I’ll give this laptop a much-deserved break. But before that, here’s a wee cornucopia of hopefully interesting bits:
- Sure, it’s not "Kentucky Fried Turkey," but this insanely huge logo project seemed topical. A video depitcs the assembly of 65,000, one-foot by one-foot painted tile pieces into one big, smiling Southern mug. More info here.
- Pleasures of the Flesh is an offbeat photo illustration project from David Field. See his portfolio for more creepiness. [Via Kevin Connor]
- Setting a new standard for truth in advertising, Your Name On Toast offers–wait for it–"your name, except on toast." The idea is that by selling photos of bespoke bread, they can raise money for a good cause. Tasty!
- While Americans are busy hacking their birds, Japan is the Land of the Rising Pimp-Ride: Dekotora are insanely modified trucks, as you can see in this gallery of wild creations. [Via]
- If watching football today on a glossy screen is just too poncey, maybe you’ll soon be able to select a grittier experience, courtesy of rear-projection concrete.