December 19, 2006
Photoshop CS3 serial number update
[Update June 2, 2007: If you’re here because you’re trying to rip me off by somehow stealing Photoshop (via serial number, keygen, crack, etc.), you’re a thieving putz, and you’ll get no satisfaction here. May someone steal your hard work as you try to steal ours. Adios. –J.]
We continue to receive inquiries about Photoshop CS3 beta serial numbers. There are a number of issues here:
- On Friday we discovered that a small percentage of the more than 3,000 product combinations that include Photoshop weren’t in the authentication list. Unfortunately this bit quite a few people trying to obtain CS3 serials. We fixed that issue on Friday afternoon.
- Licensing customers have been in bit of a bind: even though they’re authorized to use a CS2 serial on multiple machines, the beta site is configured to issue serials that can be activated on only two machines. If you’re a licensing customer, please send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can follow up with you (see details below).
- Some people are typing in the 20-digit serial number that’s visible in the CS2 About box. That makes total sense, except that the serial number is actually 24 digits long! That is, you need to get your serial number from your product materials (tips here). Again, we’re working to make this clear on the serial number acquisition page.
- A lot of people aren’t reading the instructions on the Labs site. Many are typing their CS2 numbers into CS3, then complaining that it doesn’t work. We’re working to make the instructions harder to miss.
If you’re still having problems with serial numbers and CS3, please send mail to email@example.com. Important: in order to handle the process efficiently, your email needs to contain the following info (I suggest copy/paste):
- Email address in the subject line (a weird eRoom quirk, but without it we can’t reach you)
- First and last name:
- Issue statement:
- CS2 serial number (24-digits long):
- CS3 serial number (if applicable):
- Are you a CS2 single or volume license customer? (Y or N):
- If volume license, approximately how many CS2 licenses do you own?:
- Daytime phone number with area code:
- Daytime e-mail address:
Customer service says they’ll turn things around in 48-72 hours. (There’s no need to call them, as phone support is not available for the beta.)
I know that it’s frustrating to hit any delays, and we greatly appreciate your patience. We’re just four days into a huge, never-been-done-here effort, but we’re making good progress.