January 15, 2007

A new Contact Sheet script for Photoshop

Photoshop’s Contact Sheet plug-in is, to be charitable, a little long in the tooth.  Therefore scripter X Bytor has stepped into the breach with ContactSheetX, a script that’s freely downloadable from SourceForge & that works in CS2/3.  Among other things, the script supports page numbering, more flexible font selection, and the ability to use templates. Features, screenshots, and other details are in this PDF, and there’s a forum for asking questions & requesting enhancements. X thanks the photographers at The Icon and Warner Bros. for support and funding of this project.

Posted by John Nack at 5:54 PM on January 15, 2007

Comments

• Chris Harrison — 8:40 PM on January 15, 2007

Thanks for sharing this, John! I use the Contact Sheet plugin fairly often… and this looks to improve my workflow even more.

• terry sanders — 6:07 PM on January 16, 2007

I’m confussed. I know very little about what adobe for an emac will let me do with digital pictures. Can you enlighten me? Please contact me at tsanders@bresnan.net.
    [Terry, check out Photoshop Elements for Mac. –J.]

• xbytor — 1:57 PM on January 17, 2007

Thanks for the note, John. I had a huge unexplained spike in downloads over the weekend and couldn’t figure out where it came from :).
    ciao,
    -X
    [Sure, my pleasure; glad I can be a kind of micro-Digg now and then. ;-) –J.]

• Randy Stiles — 5:20 AM on January 18, 2007

It would be nice to have these contact sheets give you some flexibility to put in categories as well. As a wedding photographer, I like to group things by engagements session, ceremony, reception, etc. It looks like this will sort by folder, but it would also be nice to have category labels in addition to branding space. This way you can run the script for the entire event / folders and go have a cup of coffee.

• Tom Stratton — 9:23 AM on January 28, 2007

Hi all –
    I’m “the Icon” mentioned above – actually it’s a big commercial lab in Hollywood that I help run. I just wanted to say thans to X for all the ahrd work he put in – if you need to make contact sheets on a regular basis and the tools that you tried just don’t measure up in terms of quality then I think you’ll like this script.
    A@ work X!
    Tom Stratton

Copyright © 2017 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)