March 10, 2007
Beautiful patterns in nature & beyond
- Robert Hodgin is a creative force. It seems his Flight404 has been an inspiration as long as I can remember, and now he shares the lovely Magnetosphere. This–this–is what I want using Photoshop to be like–totally alive, reactive, surprising (cf. that Hands video I mentioned earlier). Robert discusses its creation here.
- The piece reminds me of the Eskimo Nebula, seen in NASA’s Image of the Day archive. [Via]
- Jeff Schewe captured some captivating patterns in icebergs in Antarctica last month. My favorite bits start roughly halfway through the gallery.
- Peep the gardens to be found in Petri dishes. [Via]
- Marc Pawliger points out a gallery of cool flame fractals.