April 13, 2007

Do Bloods & Crips get Pantone chips?

Who knew that Pantone is into snuff films?  The company has gotten inkthirsty, urging customers to bust caps into outdated formula guides, then rewarding them for their trouble. Whoever creates the best video of colors getting clipped (ba-dum, tssch) will win an iPhone & other loot.  More info is in Pantone’s press release.  Please tell me that someone will get Sean Penn involved…

In more tranquil color-related news:

• Designer Veerle Pieters gives some good advice on picking palettes.
  • Tangerine is a little Mac app that provides "a universal color palette system," making it possible to manage and apply color schemes across apps. [Via Bryan O’Neil Hughes]
  • Colorstrology aims to pair you with "your personal birth color."  I, apparently, get "Azalea." Meh.  Can’t I get something cool, like Gunmetal, or White Chocolate?
  • Color in Motion imagines colors as characters, acting out the qualities of each & giving a little background info.
  • KolorWheel turns iPods into color scheme picker.  The idea, apparently, is that you can hold the ‘pod next to an object while picking colors.  [Via]

Now, how can I get Ice-T out of my head?

Posted by John Nack at 11:58 PM on April 13, 2007

Comments

• Alex — 10:57 AM on April 14, 2007

RE: Pantone guides. I have a better idea, instead of destroying a $125 guide that probably has nothing wrong with it except for the most perfectionist in us, send it to me and I will donate the guides to art students at our local art college- Kendall, or send them there yourself. Give them to a student just starting out that can’t afford to buy a guide, but might be the next John Nack in the future. What’s wrong with recycling? Do we have to destroy everything? Doesn’t that make more sense?
    [Yeah, but if there are future JNacks out there, maybe we don’t *really* want to encourage ’em. ;-) –J.]

• Blue Buffalo — 4:30 PM on April 17, 2007

Bloods = PMS 19345
    Crips = PMS 662
    Bust a cap in that!
    Colors in Motion is a cool site! Also, Veerle Pieters is awesome!!!

• jloc 90 neighborhood crip — 11:03 PM on August 20, 2007

buffalo’s all about that crip cuz crip allday everyday 14th street and rhodeisland we the stongest gang in buffalo crip is what it is its get down or lay down cuz ccclllaaattt 6 popin 5 dropin 6 flaggin 5 draggin 6 commin 5 runnin 6 pumpin 5 dumpin crip all day cuz bkbkbkbkbkbkbkbk crip all day cclllaaattt ”2007”
    [*Word*, jive turkey. –J.]

• lil saint! — 2:09 PM on September 13, 2007

yo bluebuffalo what up G?
    man I red ya text nd I just wanna now where nd how to join crips??
    I really wanna do that cuzz…write me back G plzzz!!
    [You are kidding, right…? –J.]

• Mr 9 x 10 NaybaH90D CRIP GANG — 4:57 PM on November 30, 2007

Ey cuzz! First and foremost… C/Z UP TO DA MAFUCCIN SKY. Ey, I just seen that add from a 90 nigga out a buffalo called j-loc. Well… Whats craccin hoodsta rolla. 90 Fa life. And God Dam, if ya lookin fa some Gangsta Rap tunez. God dam fonk wit me. Crip Crazy Insaine!!!!!
    [Word. –J.]

• ur fucking shit — 3:29 AM on June 28, 2008

the shits on u… alll f the crips thugs or even blooooodssss…. shit to all of u….. fuck u alll
    [I love my weird, weird little life. :-) –J.]

• jloc — 8:01 AM on October 15, 2009

yeah im bacc and its “09” goin on 10 cuz wats craccin loc^s keep dem c^s up

Copyright © 2019 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)