July 01, 2007
- Cartype is "a comprehensive collection of reviews and study of typographical applications of emblems, car company logos and car logos." I love the richness of visual & historical detail (e.g. check out the Alfa Romeo page). Semi-related/previous: Logotypes.ru, which offers downloadable vector logos (perfect for tattoo-making ;-)).
- Russell Brown has created a "Dancing with Type" tutorial, showing how to wring some good stuff out of Photoshop’s type-on-a-path features. (Forgot about those, did you? Everyone does!) Previously: Russell’s 16 Tips for Photoshop Type.
- This "Claire/Dave" ambigram is really nicely executed.
- The Yazigi Language School promotes itself through drawings made from text.
- With Blaktur you can almost taste the blood sausage. [Via]
- Type foundry Tiro (featured in the latest Adobe Magazine) offers a beautiful specimen sheet of their lovely Plantagenet face.
- For hot T’s-on-tee’s action, check out Skreened’s shirts. [Via]