August 27, 2007
New monochrome photography
- Douglas Gayeton mixes photos and hand lettering into a unique kind of storytelling. [Via]
- Martin Evening has created an 11-minute video tutorial on creating great black & white images using Lightroom. (Although the interfaces are a bit different, much of the info carries over to Camera Raw in Photoshop CS3 as well.)
- Coming to the defense of digital SLRs, veteran photographer Rob Reiter talks digital B&W. He combines multiple exposures into an HDR file, then converts it to B&W using Photoshop.
- In Popular Photography Debbie Grossman discusses ways to use Photoshop together with traditional photographic filters. The accompanying gallery contains a beautiful image created by combining multiple exposures in Photoshop.
- Annie Leibovitz has created the Gap’s latest campaign. (John Mayer is now a muse? Yeesh.)
- Helga Steppan creates interesting monochromatic compositions entirely in situ–no manipulation after the fact. [Via]