March 22, 2008
Logo trends, past and future
- The mid-70′s book The World of Logotypes features hundreds of vintage logos, now scanned and presented on Flickr. [Via Durin Gleaves]
- The peace symbol has turned 50. Apparently the shape incorporates the semaphore letters N(uclear) and D(isarmament). Here’s a brief history. [Update: More good details from the BBC.] [Via]
- Are “waves the new swooshes”? Yes, says Logorange, in predicting 10 trends that will define logo design in 2008.
- Jon Hicks, creator of the Firefox logo, provides a quick walk-through of his icon design process.
- I dig this logotype for Big Boss, as well as the little color chips of Dreamscape Design.