March 05, 2008
Recent Typographic Tastiness
- The Uppercase Journal features a collection of great-looking vintage typewriter tins.
- Flickr features a “Folk Typography Pool,” consisting of lettering found all over the place. I especially like the now-requisite Obama imagery. The whole thing reminds me of how notoriously bad auto body shops’ signs are–a phenomenon honored in Brian Stuparyk’s free MC Auto font.
- Speaking of bad:
- How excellently simple are these Oil of Olay ads?
- Design Week honors the top film title designs of 2007. Pity that we can’t see them in motion here.
- Peep Craig Ward’s illustrative typography and typographic portraits. [Via]