April 11, 2008
Winners of the $20,000 Adobe design challenge announced
The entire animation was done completely with Photoshop and After Effects (with a touch of Illustrator for logo preparation). No 3rd party plug-ins, programs, animation, videos were used; just the tools that ship standard with Adobe software. All photos are original – taken with my Nikon D80 (organized in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom). The music is also original. No 3rd party stuff, well, except for my cheap Yamaha guitar.
- See What’s Possible — Hello Lava link
- Thinking Magical — Animatório/Vinicius Costa
- The Amazing Factory — Wondermint
- Happy Place — Network Osaka
- More than 348 Submissions from over 31 countries with over 1/3 in the last day before the deadline
- More than half the submissions came from outside the U.S.
- More than 5,800 registered users who contributed submissions, comments, and votes
- More than 120,000 unique visitors from over 156 countries around the world
Then, of course, there were a few that remind you that "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
- Hip hop ‘shop: Crime Scene by d.inc design ("All the other programs, irrelevant!"–or as ODB might say, "You know my name, now gimme my money")
- As with the boat in "Apocalypse Now," Never Leave the Letterbox
- Spazzing like the people in "Jacob’s Ladder," it’s One Man Show (known colloquially as "meth guy")
- PS goes The Way Of The Stick: Designer Ninjas
- And finally, Mr. Hankey would be so proud: Turning Crap to Gold
Thanks to everyone for the great entries! If you see any that strike you as particularly cool, funny, bizarre, etc., please pass ’em along via the comments.