May 19, 2008

Lightroom 2 beta: Invite some friends

If you own Lightroom 1.x, you can use the Lightroom 2.0 beta for the entire duration of the testing period.  If you’re not an LR 1.x owner, the LR 2 beta expires 30 days after first use.  There’s an interesting caveat, however: LR 1 owners each have the ability to invite five folks to participate in the LR 2 beta, extending their use beyond 30 days.  We think it’s a good way to strike a balance between rewarding current customers & getting feedback from new customers.  If you’re interested, check out the details & share some love.

Posted by John Nack at 9:10 AM on May 19, 2008

Comments

• Victoria Bampton — 11:47 AM on May 19, 2008

Slight clarification on that – you can invite up to 5 people at a time, but you can return to that page as many times as you like. There’s not a 5-invitations-per-person limit.
    [Ah, gotcha--thanks. --J.]

• Kris — 5:27 PM on May 19, 2008

I would love an invite to the Lightroom 2.0 Beta. My initial trial has expired and I was just really starting to implement Lightroom into my workflow and would like to ride out the rest of the trial to ensure Lightroom is a viable solution for me. If anyone has a second or two to send me an invite, I would be extremely appreciative. kris.saim@gmail.com is my email address

• Victoria Bampton — 1:31 AM on May 20, 2008

No problem Kris. On its way.

• Bj├Žlkehuse — 5:53 AM on May 20, 2008

Hi John
    First of all, thank you for taking time to share ideas and knowledge in this blog, And so the question:
    Do you know which language lightroom2 will be released on?
    /Zaga Bj├Žlkehuse – Denmark

• Richard Look — 1:18 PM on May 20, 2008

I want to start using Lightroom. Should I start in 1.0 or just go straight to the 2.0. beta?
    If the beta is good enough to start using now, I would sure like an invite, too. I am surrounded by Aperture Users!!
    Thanks. Please use this address: richard.look@sfdph.org

• Peter Franco — 2:35 AM on May 21, 2008

i too would love an invite

• Doug Mathews — 11:26 AM on May 21, 2008

Having just switched from using film for many years to digital I downloaded and am learning to use Lightroom 2 as my digital darkroom. I would like to extend my use until the full version is available and not have to purchase a version 1. I would very much appreciate an invite to make that possible. My e-mail is dmathews@mkdelectric.com. Thank you very much. I am on a vertical learning curve and don’t want to stop.

• Victoria Bampton — 2:00 AM on May 22, 2008

Invitations sent.
    Zaga, version 1 was English, French, German & Japanese. Who knows what other languages may be added in the future.
    Richard, the official advise is to avoid using the beta for proper work, and just play with it. If you do decide to use it for serious work, take precautions – backups of files before they reach the beta, don’t expect your settings or catalog to carry over correctly to the final release etc.

• Richard Look — 8:20 AM on May 22, 2008

Victoria, thanks so much for the invite! And the advise. Can’t wait to install it.
    John, thanks for posting this. You are such a mensch.

• Daniel — 8:25 PM on May 23, 2008

Is it possible that you can also sent me an invitation? I am an Adobe Elements user who tried Lightroom 1.4 for about 3 weeks and love the product. I will certainly buy a new version but do not want to pay now and then again in about 2 months for a new version. My e-mail address is daniel_richards@yahoo.com. Thank you very much.

• David — 10:49 PM on May 23, 2008

I’d like an invitation as well.
    I am currently using the Photoshop Elements organizer, and I would stay with it if it had ACR-like non-destructive image editing.
    david.jensen@gmail.com

• Richard Chomitz — 8:48 AM on May 27, 2008

I have been using Lightroom 2 since I saw it was availible and I do like it. I process a average of 1000 phots a week and it is great. No problems yet. photoshop

• Victoria Bampton — 3:15 AM on May 28, 2008

Invitations sent.

• Yong — 6:41 PM on May 28, 2008

I’ like an invitation please.
    I am currently using picasa and I really like lightroom but am waiting until version 2 comes up.

• Victoria Bampton — 2:04 AM on May 30, 2008

Yong, we’ll need your email address to send an invitation.
    I really DO have to stop checking this page every day at some point, but anyone else needing an invite is welcome to drop me an email via my website.
    Victoria

• James Sheng — 9:41 PM on June 07, 2008

May I get an invite to try out Lightroom Beta ? Thanks
    jcsheng505@msn.com

• steven owen — 2:50 PM on June 08, 2008

I would love an invite for light room 2 beta stevenowen123@yahoo.co.uk

• Dibesh — 1:35 PM on June 09, 2008

Hi. My LR2 expired today and would love to learn more before I decide to purchase it- I am new to Adobe- thus far I really like it much more than Aperture 2.0 but not sure if I need all of the features as compared to what I’m used tdo (Nikon Capture NX- I just downloaded Capture NX 2.0 so am evaluating that for use with my D300). Thanks in advance.
    dibesh@yahoo.com

• Karen — 6:50 PM on June 09, 2008

Will you please send me an invitation also?
    Thanks!

• Edwin — 7:41 PM on June 09, 2008

Would love to get my lightroom 2.0 trial extended. Anyone can send me an invite? Much appreciated.
    edwynpoh@gmail.com

• Geoff — 5:02 PM on June 11, 2008

I would like to try out Lightroom 2.0 beta for an archive project processing 1500 images. Would you please send me an invite? Thanks!

• dwalt — 9:17 PM on June 14, 2008

Would love to try LR2 for more than my remaining time! Extended serial # would be greatly appreciated :-)

• Ken Carter — 8:20 AM on June 15, 2008

Same here. I’d love an invite!
    ken.carter@yahoo.com

• rodrigo brito — 3:50 PM on June 21, 2008

Same here. I’d love an invite!
    robritom-varios@yahoo.es

• leslie — 11:41 PM on June 22, 2008

any chance I could get an invite? sorry for your time, but I’d really appreciate it! I wish they would just let us buy LR2 right now, even if it’s not ready yet :)

• Debby Hester — 10:45 AM on June 23, 2008

I just finished my trail version of Lightroom 2 beta. I am a new user and would love an envite to continue using the software. I do plan to purchase the software when it is released. Thanks!

• Gilbert — 11:53 AM on June 24, 2008

I’m to get a Nikon D300 in 2 days and I’d love to ty Lightroom 2 beta. Do you have an invite for me ? Thank you.

• Victoria Bampton — 2:31 PM on June 30, 2008

I’ve sent invites to all those that gave email addresses… but I’m REALLY not checking this page too often. If you need an invite, email me via my website http://www.lightroomqueen.com and I’ll send it over.
    Victoria

• Joel Karum — 8:16 AM on July 01, 2008

I humbly request an invite to LR2. Thank you in advance. jkarum@gmail.com

• Vin Thomas — 12:01 AM on July 05, 2008

I would kill for a lightroom invitation — or at least throw you $5 via paypal. My trial expires in 15 days and it is the best photo editing program I have found…

• Josh Kroc — 10:27 PM on July 09, 2008

Pretty please… someone send me a beta2 trial extension… I was just starting to get the hang of it!
    jc.alternate.email(at)gmail.com

• Amanda — 10:18 AM on July 23, 2008

pretty please..with sugar on top, please ..someone send me a beta2 trail version..I was just starting to get use to it..please…thank you! :)
    amanda.bberry@gmail.com

• Mike — 1:31 PM on July 24, 2008

OK last one I promise. Can someone please invite me to the beta. I expire in two days and will have a hard time living without LR 2

• Kelly Nelson — 10:17 AM on September 11, 2008

I am in the process of purchasing lightroom 2.0. My trial just expired and I have some fabulous (RAW)shots sitting on my camera which I’m dying to process. I don’t think I can wait for my copy to arrive in the mail. I would really appreciate it if someone would invite me!

• Fuad Kamal — 2:14 PM on November 03, 2008

Hi John, look forward to seeing you again at MAX real soon. Is it possible to import my LR2 Beta collections into LR2 release? LR2 automagically brought in my LR1 collections but not the beta collections. Thanks!
    [Tom Hogarty replies, "Yes, choose File - > Open Catalog and select your Lightroom 2 beta catalog to upgrade it properly. Then open your current catalog and import your upgraded beta catalog." --J.]

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)