June 12, 2008
Recent motion graphics goodness
- Roi Sabarov’s Typeflow animation is poetry in motion. ("That is awesome. That goes on the blog." –Margot, Licensed Nackwife.)
- Fatal Farm makes some super, ah, unique remixes of 80′s TV themes. Knight Rider is brilliant, though be warned that you won’t be getting the song out of your head. The rest are of mixed taste, so don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- Mato Atom’s "Champions" probably won’t change any hearts and minds about Bush, Blair, & Co., but it’s impeccably executed. [Via Sebastian Meyer]
- I like the lo-fi stylings of these animated videos for Welsh band Los Campesinos!, created by Simon Ampel & Chris Seimasko.
- The Whitest Boy Alive is all about optical illusions. [Via]
By the way, if you’re going to be in NYC in a couple of weeks & are interested in After Effects, you might want to check out the next AENY meeting. Jim Geduldick writes to say that the June 26th meeting will feature some cool speakers:
- Visual Designer Marc Coleran, whose work has been seen in films like The Bourne Ultimatum, Domino, Alien vs. Predator, The Bourne Identity, Blade II, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, The World Is Not Enough – just to name a few.
- Visual effects artist John Montgomery, co-founder of the online visual effects news site fxguide, as well as the training site fxphd. His Clients and Credits include Super Bowl commercials for McDonald’s, Disney as well as work for Budweiser, Miller, Hallmark, Sears, Moen, Gatorade, Morgan Stanley, and the ESPN and CBS television networks.
Check out the AENY site for more details.