July 18, 2008

The Ocelot, in ink

Wow–now this you don’t see every day: John Pischke, an Image Capture Manager at Quad/Graphics in Minneapolis, has used the “Ocelot Rampant” image from this blog in a tattoo on his arm. I furnished him with the original Illustrator file last year, and on Tuesday it was turned into ink. “You’ll be happy to know it was completely designed in Photoshop,” writes John P. Nice!
Tangentially related surreality:

Posted by John Nack at 10:42 AM on July 18, 2008

Comments

• Charles — 10:58 AM on July 18, 2008

The image is incomplete, it lacks one anatomical detail that is significant in heraldry.
    Fortunately this detail could be added in the tattoo. But there was no way to know this detail was missing in your blog masthead.
    [Heh. Now when I want to get fired, I know what to add. --j.]

• Meikel — 11:12 AM on July 18, 2008

Looks a bit like the Berlin emblem which you can see here.
    [Ich bin ein ocelloter. --J.]

• Kenny McLean — 12:26 PM on July 18, 2008

Ah, It’s an Ocelot.
    I always wondered why you had a Lion Rampant from Scotland on your blog?
    It all becomes clear.
    [And it's all tied to this poem my high school girlfriend read to me. --J.]

• TheMadPeacock — 3:32 PM on July 18, 2008

I have seen it said that you are not a lifestyle megabrand unless your brand inspires people to get your logo tattooed onto their body (like Harley Davidson, Apple etc.)
    Congratulations on making it into such a select group!

• Gusel Luborn — 2:34 AM on July 19, 2008

You are welcome…
    …and dont miss it!
    [Heh--the random little kid roaring at the end makes it for me. ;-) --J.]
    Thanks Gusel Luborn

• Andrew Meit — 11:09 AM on July 19, 2008

Hey, you could try to get Apple to name their next OS update Ocelot ;-)
    I could see when all the old PS code is finally gone and thus ready to tear out in the wild its code name be Ocelot, or has it already been used? ;-)

• Sean Leahy — 10:34 AM on August 07, 2008

Is this illustrator file available for derivative use? Is it licensed under creative commons? I would like to use a vector based ocelot like this for my coat of arms logo.
    [I don't know the exact status of the copyright, but as far as I know it's all yours. Adobe pays for demo assets to be created for each product/cycle, and the ocelot image was built for a creative direction that wasn't selected for CS2. Therefore the file was simply going to go to waste, but I got the designer to pass it to me. Now I'm passing it to you.
    I don't know whether I'm technically authorized to grant reuse permissions, but hey, as the file was simply going to be destroyed and forgotten, I feel very confident that you can rock out with impunity. :-) --J.]

Copyright © 2014 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy and Cookies (Updated)