August 21, 2008
- PopPhoto’s Debbie Grossman paid a visit to the Adobe Mothership a couple of weeks ago, getting a grand tour from Bryan Hughes & chatting with modest brainiacs like Jeff Chien. Showing tons of daring, she underwent Kelly Castro’s black & white process–the first woman to do so. (“That’s because it makes men look tough and women look like hell," she writes.) [Related/previous: Jeff Schewe's Visit to Adobe.]
- At Siggraph last week, Zorana Gee encountered the guys from OnLatte ("You got it right: we make industrial robot machines that do nothing but pretty up tasty beverages") and had them put the Photoshop icon on foam (image two).
- Photoshop: Helping The Ugly Since 1988. [Spied by Tom Hogarty on the Caltrain yesterday]
- Slate presents Politishop. (Is it finally time for us to introduce Brushy the Talking Airbrush ("Hey, pardner, it looks like you’re tryin’ to retouch a photo")? [Via Adam Jerugim]
- This isn’t Photoshop-specific, but I noticed that Adobe.com has added a slick new search widget to the site. Groovy, as previously I’d resorted to using Google (typing "site:http://www.adobe.com" plus a search term into the search field).