August 27, 2008
Recent infographic goodness
- Stefanie Posavec creates beautiful, sometimes abstract images from data in her “On the Map” project.
- The NYT renders Olympic medal counts by country, also enabling the user to navigate through time. (Tossing it around too freely, I managed to blow up Safari.)
- “UFO sighting convincibility” is on the rise, thanks to Photoshop. [Via Rob Corell]
- xach.com offers a cool way to visualize 2008 box office results. [Via]
- I think I should chart my mood on a line stretching from “Earnest” to “Scurrilous*,” as Vanity Fair does with the content of their Blogopticon. [Via Tom Hogarty] It’s similar to New York Mag’s Approval Matrix.
*Defined as “grossly or obscenely abusive… characterized by or using low buffoonery; coarsely jocular or derisive.” Hells yeah.