August 12, 2008
Tuesday Illustration: Iron Man, lasers, and more
- If you’re feeling "cleared for weird," peep the intricate, disturbing paintings of Ryohei Hase, all painted in Photoshop.
- The UI Resource Center features a long and detailed interview with the team that designed Iron Man’s heads-up display.
- Politicians often serve as pincushions, but it’s rare that they’re actually made of pins, as in this Thumbtack Obama. [Via]
- Gene Tempest’s long but interesting essay covers the Posters of Paris ’68, talking (among other things) about how the French artists played on memories of Nazi collaboration.
- "Did United Artists doctor a photo of anti-Hitler plotter Claus von Stauffenberg to make him look more like the Top Gun actor?" asks the Guardian. [Via] (Even weirder: My wife just glanced at the image and said, "I thought that was you for a second.")
- Designer Marian Bantjes
has been producing great stuff lately: